WilhelmSK is a highly customizable boat instrument display that uses the SignalK protocol (http://signalk.org) to show information from your boat's sensors.
Please note that you must have special hardware and software on your boat for the application to work. You need a SignalK server or gateway or something that provides NMEA 0183 over TCP. See the website for more information.
- SignalK REST api or Streaming
- iKommunicate REST api or Streaming
- NMEA 0183 over TCP
RayMarine Auto Pilot Support *
º View or change current mode (Standby, Auto, Wind, Track)
º View current target heading or Wind direction
º Change target heading or Wind direction
º You can view Active Captain Points of Interest and review or comment on them.
º Go to Settings->Appearance to show Active Captain Points of Interest on the maps.
Alarms and Notifications
º View list of current current alarms
º Acknowledge RayMarine "Turn To Waypoint' *
º Push notification support *
º Setup server side alarms *
º Set an anchor alarm with the push of a button *
If you already have the Navionics Boating application with an active subscription, you can now use the same Navionics charts in WilhelmSK. Ensure you are a registered user with Navionics and have a Username and Password. If you have not registered, go to the Navionics Boating App’s Main Menu, click on the top “Me” option and then click Login. In WilhelmSK click the login button on the bottom right of the map and enter your Navionics login information.
- Raymarine MFD: display and interact with a RayMarine MFD (discovered via Bonjour)
- Fusion stereo (control zone volumes, source input, play, pause etc.)
- Create a gauge for any value available via SignalK
- Sophisticated anchor alarm (requires node server and signalk-anchoralarm-plugin)
- Customize gauge display using SignalK meta.zones
- Customize gauge range, min/max, etc.
- Save custom gauges to node server or the cloud for use on other devices
- Wind Angle gauges can optionaly be rotated so that they always point ot the bow of the boat, regaurless of device positioning
- Place gauges by long pressing on a gauge and choosing a differnt one
- Make a gauge full screen by double tapping
- Multiple layout support. Create a differnt layout for Steaming, Sailing, Home Monitoring, etc.
- Customize the nuber of pages and their layout
- Manuall connection configuration synced accross devices via iCloud
- Automatic connection selection based on current ip (usefull when Bonjour is not available and you have multiple boats)
- Two themes, dark and light
- Animated gauge needles
- iPad Slideover and Split View support (Your gauge configuration can be customized for these views)
- Connections can be configured to be refreshed manually or at a specific time interval
- Design your own custom gauge templates
- Share your custom templates via Air Drop, eMail, Text, etc.
- Edit ApplyTV or other device layouts and templates remotely using your iPhone or iPad
- Most gauges can be configured to be digital or analog
- Enter the SignalK path and title for any gauge to show data not supported by default
- Displays AIS targets in the Map views
- Configure node server plugins inside of the app
- IP and RTSP camera display
* Autopilot control, server side alarms, push notifications and fusion stereo control require signalk-server-node and my plugins installed. Setup Instructions at https://github.com/sbender9/wilhelmsk-node-server-setup
* iOS Notifications now show an appropriate gauge right on the notification if available (anchor alarm shows a map)
* Added support to use 1Password to get the login username and password for a connection and in the "Web" gauge
* Added HomeKit support. You can now flip switches, set dimmers and view thermostat info for devices on your boat that are in HomeKit.
* Added ability browse the SignalK data (under Log)
* Added a way to add a configured grid of gauges in the Page Template Editor
* Added mutiple select to the Page Temp Editor, move or delete more than one gauge at a time.
* Added support for dimmable switches
* Now shows an error message if the "Web" gauge content fails to load
* Today Widget performance improvements
* Today Widget now shows live data
* Fusion Taday Widget now shows live data
* Added ability to customize the gauge title font and location
* Support different EOL markers in 0183 input
* AppleWatch startup, performance and stability enhancements
* Fixed issues with responding to notifications (silence or turn to waypoint) when the app is not running
* Added a "Bar" Rudder Gauge
* Added a "Battery Overview" gauge for the AppleWatch
* Added a "Label" gauge
* Fixed min value advanced setting for Bar gauges not getting remembered
* Remember the last zoom level on maps
* Support the current signalk-to-influxd track recording
* Changed the anchor alarm radius display color to a more contrasting red
* Gauge options screen now keeps custom title when changing gauges, default button added to go back to default
* Remeber the last search term in the path selector
* Allow negative numbers in appropriate Advanced gauge settings
* Default port to 80 when creating a new connection
* Added support for ip and rtsp cameras
* Allow gauges to be moved partially of the screen in the template editor
* Added details about the connection process to Text Log
Ratings and Reviews
I don't know why more sailors are not finding out about this app.... but they need to.
Combined with a VERY inexpensive/low power Raspberry Pi or iKommunicate, anything and everything that transmits NMEA data can be displayed on your iPhone, iPad, iWatch and even an Apple TV.
You can even receive your ships data anywhere on the planet via an internet connection.
The support is excellent. The engineer implemented AIS and walked me through how it works.
No need to buy an AIS that has WIFI.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.