LOCAL WEATHER FOR AMERICANS
WillyWeather is a feature-rich weather app that includes NOAA radar and satellite, detailed wind, rain, tide, swell and UV forecasts, as well as moon phases, and sunrise and sunset times.
Going beyond the average weather service, we process and fine-tune forecast data to the specific coordinates of over 175,000 locations throughout the US including all towns, cities, beaches, rivers, parks, lakes and islands.
• WEATHER - Six day NOAA weather forecasts tailored to each location including min/max temperatures, and detailed weather descriptions.
• RADAR - Raw NOAA radar data, refined, processed and integrated with iOS maps.
• SATELLITE - National satellite view, displaying cloud cover for the entire US, integrated with iOS maps.
• TIDES - The most comprehensive tide times system in the USA, bringing together NOAA standard port data with offsets generated for specific locations by WillyWeather. Includes every beach in the US, and many river systems and inlets.
• WIND -The most accurate global wind forecast model gathered from NOAA, interpolated to the exact coordinates for each location and vetted against real-time wind observations to deliver the best performing information.
• UV - Hourly UV index forecasts, including alerts outlining extreme conditions when there is risk of harm from unprotected sun exposure.
• MOON PHASES - Full moon and new moon phases, illumination and rise and set times. Deeply integrated with tidal data.
• RAINFALL - Intuitive visual indication of rainfall probability for the week ahead.
• SWELL - Swell height, period and direction for each beach and surf spot in the USA.
• SUNRISE SUNSET - Sunrise and sunset times with first light and last light.
• REAL TIME observational data - with trends for all locations including current temperature, feels-like temperature, rain today, rain last hour, humidity, pressure, wind speed, wind direction, wind gusts and dew point.
• NOAA WARNINGS - Easily accessible and specifically targeted to the locations affected.
• Interactive rainfall radar, using iOS maps: pan and zoom like you've always wanted through the national NOAA radar network, to see exactly where rain is falling around you, or your favorite locations. Our mapping features provide more control, and more detail than any other US weather resource.
• Stunning, interactive tide, swell, and wind forecast graphs which allow you to easily interpret the conditions at your favorite surf beach, secret fishing spot or upcoming hike - in real-time, and up to seven days in the future. We're particularly proud of our graphs, we pushed the boundaries to provide you with more context, and more detail for each weather type.
• A beautiful, simple and organized interface in which the weather data that is important to you is easy to find, consume and interact with. Our goal was to present accurate and relevant weather information to you, as quickly, and easily as possible.
- fixes: issue where notifications could not be created after creating a notification on other platforms using the same account
- fixes: vertical alignment of max tide height marker
- fixes: issue where transition to/from daylight saving time might result in graph timestamps being incorrect
- improves: behaviour of background refresh
- improves: stability on iPhone XS/XR/Max by staggering insertions
Ratings and Reviews
Matt: Thank you for your response. It was basically what I had expected. Apple. My watch is new, so I was planning on keeping it for a while. I'm happy that at least I can view the weather on it using one of my very favorite weather apps, WillyWeather. All the best to you. Thanks again :) Mary.
Matt replied to this review:
I wrote good reviews in the past. And now I have a question. Why are there no complications for the Apple Watch 3? I’m a little disappointed even though we finally got the feature. I am just wondering why no complications. Thank you.
It's 2019 And I'm still loving this app. Why?, you may ask. Because it's got all the info I need in a nicely laid out format, and it doesn't take a long time to get all that info. So far the info has been accurate too. No complaints here!
I just thought I would update my review. More >
I left my previous reviews down here:
I love this app because it provides lots of information and is very easy to use. I have NO ADS.
Wishing it would work with the Apple Watch 3. But it works well as is and provides good information. It even teaches you what the various weather indicators mean; you just have to dig a little bit. It’s painless! I find it very easy to use, and informative. I’m glad I have it. Thanks so much!
Developer Response ,
We decided to concentrate on developing for the “Graphic” family of complications, allowing for the display of more complex information and support ~20 permutations of these. This Graphic family of complications has been restricted to the newer watches (ie. S4) by Apple themselves. We weren't able to do what we wanted with the older-style complications. Sorry for the disappointment there.
Thanks for this review - we're glad you're enjoying the app. We're aware of the problem of our morning and evening forecasts being reversed. This issue has been corrected in v2.0 which is currently being tested and should be released soon.
Wow! WillyWeather Sets the Standard
Hey everyone, I was a WeatherBug guy since it’s weather-service-app first became available (I even had a Weather Bug tee-shirt). HOWEVER, doing due diligence, I’ve ”sampled” several weather apps over the years; Weather Channel, Weather Live, NOAA Weather, My Radar, etc, and no-one rivaled WB, until NOW. WillyWeather is absolutely made for persons who want a serious but user-friendly weather app. Every aspect of WillyWeather’s weather presentation of weather data is easily readable and applicable from going to the beach, boating, hiking, yard work, flying, farming, road tripping or traveling in general. We live on the Chesapeake Bay, Maryland, and weather can turn-on-a-dime. Good weather forecasts aren't just a convenience, but a life-preserving requirement. GET THIS APP! You won't regret taking the time to do so.
All the information
Willy Weather here in Queensland works just fine. All the weather data I need is in it. Radar is available and works well. Tides are given in interactive graphic format and the details of height and time are all there. The interface is functional and easy to use once you learn your way around it. It’s my go-to app for detailed information at the start of the day. Their weather widget is filled with information and can even substitute for opening the app itself if you’re in a hurry. Weather data seems to come from the nearest airport rather than a local station (unlike Weather Underground’s), but that as far as I can see is the only drawback.
- WillyWeather (AU) Pty Ltd
- 84.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 WillyWeather
- In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.