WinAdmin, Remote Desktop
By Carter Harrison, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WinAdmin 1.2.3 has been released with support for iOS6 and iPhone5!
WinAdmin is a Microsoft Windows remote desktop protocol (RDP) client for your iPhone or iPod Touch. WinAdmin allows you to remotely access and manage Windows computers using just your finger. With WinAdmin you can quickly and easily fix a problem, view an important document, or use a desktop application on any of your Windows computers all from the palm of your hand. WinAdmin also allows for multiple concurrent remote desktop sessions so you can quickly connect and interact with several Windows computers at once. Please review WinAdmin's features and requirements below.
- The following versions of Windows are supported: Windows 2000 Server, XP Professional, Vista (Business, Enterprise, & Ultimate Editions), Windows Server 2008 (Terminal Services Gateway is not supported), Windows 7 Ultimate Editions.
- Scroll and pan across the Windows Desktop just by dragging the screen.
- Zoom in and out on your Windows Desktop by using pinching and stretching gestures.
- Switch between portrait and landscape views just by rotating your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Tap to single click the screen to perform a single click.
- Double-tap to perform a double-click
- Tap and hold to perform a right click.
- Tap, Release, Tap, Hold & Move to perform a drag operation (almost a double click, but leave your finger on the screen for the second tap - then just move your finger to drag). Use this gesture to do scrolling and other dragging operations.
- The "Favorite Servers" tool allows you to save your connection settings for future use. Just tap on any of your Favorite Servers to start a remote desktop session.
- Easily search through your servers to find the one you want to connect to.
- Use the standard iPhone keyboard to perform text entry.
- Lots of connection options. WinAdmin allows you to configure and save the following settings on a per server basis: username, password, domain, screen resolution, port number, and whether or not to connect to the console session.
- High resolution graphics for iPhone 4 users.
- Easy access to cut, copy, and paste inside a remote desktop session.
- Integrated and live updatable documentation makes this version of WinAdmin easier to use.
- The following versions of Windows are supported: Windows 2000 Server, 2003 Server, XP Professional, Vista (Business, Enterprise, & Ultimate Editions), Windows Server 2008 (Terminal Services Gateway is not supported), Windows 7 Ultimate Editions. XP Home users are supported, but please read the FAQ on our support website before purchasing.
- Your Windows computer must be reachable via the Internet or your internal network by your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Your Windows computer must be setup to allow remote desktop connections (also known as "Remote Desktop Sharing", not to be confused with VNC.)
- You must have the IP address or DNS name of your Windows computer and a valid Windows login for the computer.
- Any software or hardware firewalls need to be configured to allow remote desktop traffic from your iPhone/iPod Touch.
What's New in Version 1.2.3
- Compatibility with iPhone 5 (4" screen)
- iOS 6 Tested
- New App Icon
Best RDP App around
I bought this app many years ago back when I had an iPhone 3G and have been using it ever since. I tried many other RDP programs but none were as fast or reliable as this one. I now use this on my iPad as well and highly recommend it to anyone seeking a straight RDP/RDC app. I only gave it 4/5 stars because it does on occasion still crash, it definitely needs a little more debugging. That being said, I have yet to find an RDP app that works more consistently over the past 6 years.
Been using this app for several years! It is excellent can see my work PC anytime, anywhere from iPhone & iPad with no monthly fee.
Work's as advertised. I use this app to remote into work servers to check on backup jobs that run all night long. Also to remote into my home machines to do stuff. I am very happy with this app and would highly recommend it.