Turn your iPad/iPhone into a wind tunnel simulator !
Draw obstacles and watch the fluid flow around. Experiment with different sizes, shapes, aerodynamic profiles and see what happens !
Wind Tunnel -- for iPhone is the extended version of the Wind Tunnel Free app. It adds visualization modes (turbulence, fluid direction), vga output, ability to load and save scenes, share scenes by email, rotate obstacles, adjust friction and viscosity and many more features.
Full feature list include :
• 4 actions : interact with the fluid, draw obstacles, draw smoke sources, use eraser tool.
• visualization modes : particles (streamlines, streaklines and random), colored smoke (predefined stripes, streamlines and custom), pressure field, speed norm visualization, curl (visualize turbulences), velocity field (visualize speed direction) combined with speed norm or curl.
• Load/save scenes, share scenes by email, import obstacles shapes as png files.
• Rotate/move obstacles, pause simulation with gestures.
• Adjust physical parameters : fluid viscosity, obstacle friction, wind tunnel input speed.
• Predefined scenes : airfoil, cars, rocks, Kármán vortex street…
The Wind Tunnel app lets you create beautiful wind tunnel scenes, play with the fluid and understand physics effects.
Fluid motion is computed by solving Navier-Stokes equations, at high definition (50000 grid cells) thanks to optimized code taking the most out of CPU performance.
This version does not work on iPad. For iPad buy Wind Tunnel -- for iPad.
-- Updated for iPhone 7
-- Explore the wave nature of light in our electromagnetic simulation app LightWave Studio !
-- Perform quantitative fluid analysis (Reynolds number, speed and viscosity units) in a refined simulation engine (second order advection, immersed boundary method) in our new Wind Tunnel CFD app developed in partnership with Numeca !
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome! Import is great!
4.5/5 I love that I can import designs etc. And all the other things that aren't in the original version.
What I don't like is the resolution even after import. I made designs in illustrator that have fine lines, and I understand there are limits to the power of the iPhone core, but having lines with more information than such thick lines would make this a 5/5 from me.
Add free mode from the $2 version to this pro version and I will give five stars. This app is superb I recommend it. Also, maybe add a few more modes and maybe a feature similar to the propeller.....like a jet engine/turbine. Or something that makes a swirling motion like a helicopter. Thanks for this app I am a big supporter, I have all of your apps. Please improve it with new features!!! Thank you!
This app has been very helpful in design testing with no cost in time or money building prototypes. The only addition I would like to see is an update providing reference points or measurable values on the speed, friction, and viscosity slide bars.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.