Wind Tunnel Pro HD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your iPad/iPhone into a wind tunnel simulator !
Draw obstacles and watch the fluid flow around. Experiment with different sizes, shapes, aerodynamic profiles and see what happens !
Wind Tunnel Pro is the extended version of the Wind Tunnel app. It adds visualization modes (turbulence, fluid direction), vga output, ability to load and save scenes, share scenes by email, rotate obstacles, adjust friction and viscosity and many more features.
Full feature list include :
• 4 actions : interact with the fluid, draw obstacles (free or straight lines), draw smoke sources, use eraser tool.
• visualization modes : particles (streamlines, streaklines and random), colored smoke (predefined stripes, streamlines and custom), pressure field, speed norm visualization, curl (visualize turbulences), velocity field (visualize speed direction) combined with speed norm or curl.
• Load/save scenes, share scenes by email, import obstacles shapes as png files.
• Rotate/move obstacles, pause simulation with gestures.
• Adjust physical parameters : fluid viscosity, obstacle friction, wind tunnel input speed.
• Predefined scenes : airfoil, cars, rocks, Kármán vortex street…
The Wind Tunnel app lets you create beautiful wind tunnel scenes, play with the fluid and understand physics effects.
Fluid motion is computed by solving Navier-Stokes equations, at high definition (over 50k grid cells on ipad) thanks to optimized code taking the most out of CPU performance.
What's New in Version 1.3.1
- fixed smoke display bug on iphone4, ipod 3G and ipad 1
- user interface bug fixes
Great education tool
I teach classes on rc helicopters and quad copters; this app is great for demonstrating propeller physics and their interactions with air and water. I love all the options for visualizing what's happening to the particles, really nice work! Would love for some sort of 3d version eventually, even if it wasn't real time and required baking.
Very useful and educational app.
I can only think on one thing that would make this app easier and that would be the ability to zoom. I have a ton of trouble making small changes.
Great tool for flight instruction. Anything from the winds interaction with airfoils, mountains, buildings etc to the recirculation of rotor wash in ground effect, out of ground effect and in confined areas. Seems to only be limited to the imagination.
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 18, 2014
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 1.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Algorizk
- © 2013 Algorizk
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.