Wind, waves, weather and tides anywhere in the world for kitesurfers, windsurfers, surfers, sailors, and paragliders
Detailed wind forecasts and weather forecasts that let you always find the spot with the best wind, waves, and weather conditions for your sport. Current wind measurements and weather observations, so that you can make your own weather predictions!
- Detailed wind forecasts and weather forecasts for over 40,000 spots
- Displays current wind measurements and weather measurements in real-time from over 20,000 weather stations
- Tide forecasts for high and low tides for over 8,000 locations around the world
- Superforecast, our hourly high-resolution forecasting model for Europe, North America, South Africa, Egypt, and the Canary Islands
- Windpreview: for a quick overview of the wind forecast in the next ten days
- Beautifully animated wind forecast maps, temperature forecast maps, precipitation maps, satellite images and topographic map
- Configure favorites – save nearby locations and monitor travel weather for your vacation destinations
- Measurements listed in knots, Beaufort, km/h, m/s, and mph
- Parameters displayed: Wind strength & direction, gusts, air temperature and "feels like" temperature, clouds, precipitation, air pressure, relative humidity, wave height, wave period, and wave direction
- Optimized display of forecasts and measurements for optimal readability on the go from any mobile device
- Optimized data transfer – which enables a quicker load speed and is ideal for data usage restrictions
- Ad free
- Kitesurfers and windsurfers – find that next hurricane or windy conditions either right next door or at your next vacation destination
- Sailors – plan that next sailing trip, or ensure safe passage by avoiding bad weather at sea
- Dinghy sailors and regatta racers – allows for careful preparation for the next regatta
- Surfers and wave riders – find the perfect waves and high swell
- Fisherman – help ensure a good catch
- Paragliders – find a good wind right from the start
- Cyclists – are there headwinds or tailwinds?
- Boat owners or captains – keep a constant eye on the current weather conditions and tides
- ...and anyone who requires exact wind and weather predictions!
We offer auto-renewable "Support Us" subscriptions for one year.
The subscription is a voluntary donation to support further development of the Windfinder service.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- You will be charged for another period (one year) unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the subscription is renewed.
- You can turn off the auto-renewal in your Account Settings after purchase.
- No free trial period is offered
- Improved spot info
- Nearby search from spot info
Ratings and Reviews
My go-to app for outdoor activities
I live about a mile down the beach from a Windfinder location on Puget Sound, and while I don’t kite surf I do plan my day...walks, yard work, etc...using the hour-by-hour feature of Supercast. I am seldom wrong when I tell neighbors we can do something at 2:00 today because it will be dry from then until 4:00. They are amazed at “my” accuracy. I love that!
We often trailer-camp along the Pacific Ocean and I use it the same way for when we can take dry walks on the beach.
Windfinder Pro is AWESOME!
Nothing works..??? No menu. Tried reloading APP,blank????
Since the APP was changed -nothing works like it should. There are no instructions as to how to use it..tried to set up Favorites but no Menu..seems to be an assumption we know what to push and where to find items??needs a total revamp for ease of use.. Don’t recommend now, used to be best APP and system available...It wasn’t broken,,why ?fix? It...
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING BACK ITEMS THAT MADE THIS APP GREAT FOR BOATERS AND CRUISERS.. THE 7 DAY FORECAST WITH ALL THE DATE WE NEED TO MAKE A DECISION TO MOVE OR NOT IS INVALUABLE.. ESPECIALLY LIKE THAT IT IS AVAILABLE FOR NOT JUST WHERE WE ARE, BUT FOR PLACES WE MAYBE GOING..AGAIN, THANK YOU..
Works for this Lake Sailor!
Wind Finder Pro works great on Lake Travis, Austin Texas. We have a Weather beacon at a local park one mile away. The 5 day forecast is mostly accurate.
I seldom use the super forecast feature or the fancy wind maps. (Don’t know how).
Suggestion: place online documentation on your system so sailors can learn how to use your fancy features and icons.
Overall, this weather app is good and reliable. Thanks! Hector
- 66.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Windfinder.com
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Support (Tier 5) $4.99
- 1 Year Support (Tier 1) $0.99
- 1 Year Support (Tier 2) $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.