Window Focus - Highlight Active Apps & Dim Screen
By FIPLAB Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Window Focus is a super useful and beautiful app that helps you focus on what’s important. The app highlights the current working window and dims all the others in the background.
If you want to concentrate on a task at hand on your Mac, Window Focus is an absolutely essential app. By highlighting the window you are currently working on and have open, all other background windows are dimmed, which minimizes the distraction they cause and helps boost your productivity.
- Highlight the current app window that you have open
- Dim all apps and windows in the background
- Adjust the overlay tint colour to any colour of your choice
- Control overlay opacity level using an adjuster scale
- Ability to highlight either the single window within an app that you have open, or all windows within that app and dimming every other app’s windows that are open in the background
- Disable dimming for specific apps via app exceptions in preferences
- Be able to improve your focus on the window that you have open
- Heightened productivity
- Reduced distraction from flashing images, chats, colours, multiple open windows etc in the background
What's New in Version 1.0.3
- Bug fixes
This app does what it says it will do, which is to dim everything except the app that is currently in use. Most of the time that works quite well. What I have found so far, however, is that if I use the split screen feature of macos Sierra, neither app is considered in use and therefore both are dim. There is a way to fix that, which is to turn window focus off while working in split screen and then turn it back on when leaving split screen mode. There may be a more elegant solution that I have not yet discovered.
Several know and potentially unknown issues...
Second - Unfortunately this “advert” that keeps opening is now crashing my browser, beyond annoying what’s the reason for all the junk Firelab stuffs into their apps. What else are you stuffing them with???
First - The app functions as advertised however the preference window keeps opening ontop of my work, very annoying.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 01, 2017
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 7.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: FIPLAB Ltd
- © 2017 FIPLAB Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor