The Window Selection Tool mobile app is a step-by-step decision-making tool to help determine the most energy efficient window for your house. It will take you through a series of design conditions pertaining to your design and location. It will then provide performance information for a generic set of 23 different windows.
In the Window Selection Tool app you can:
- Select windows for either new construction or replacement.
- Customize the design conditions based on location, house type, orientation, window area, and shading type.
- Based on the user-selected conditions, the app provides energy performance results for generic set of 23 windows, listing the top performers first.
- Based on the user-selected conditions, the app provides feedback as to whether the windows do or do not meet Energy Star® or 2012 IECC.
- Access the menu for all graphical and informational items such as detail information for all the window systems, modeling and simulation assumptions, glazing and frame type details, and the ENERGY STAR and IECC maps.
The Efficient Windows Collaborative (EWC) is a nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization that partners with window, door, skylight, and component manufacturers, research organizations, federal, state and local government agencies, and others interested in expanding the market for high-efficiency fenestration products. EWC’s members have made a commitment towards manufacturing and promoting energy efficient fenestration products.
- Updated Energy Star requirements.
- Addition of 4th surface low-E to the generic window set.
- Updated gas and electric pricing.
Ratings and Reviews
Helps for picking windows
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.