WindowSeat − Flight Tracker / Timer
By AppOven, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Thanks to WindowSeat’s patented technology, air travelers can now track flights in flight without needing GPS or a persistent network connection.
To use WindowSeat, all you need to do is select your flight and enter your actual wheel-up time. WindowSeat then does the rest. As you fly, update your travel time for an even more accurate tracking and anticipated arrival time.
WindowSeat is the perfect companion in any air traveler’s itinerary, whether you’re a frequent flyer, heading on vacation, or traveling with children. En route, you can see pictures and read abstracts as you fly over landmarks, geographic locations and other points-of-interest in WindowSeat’s database.
No matter where you’re sitting, WindowSeat provides a great view.
WindowSeat’s key features include:
- WindowSeat is a universal app for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
- High resolution map accessible offline, during the flight.
- Track any commercial flight throughout the contiguous U.S.
- WindowSeat calculates your position and anticipated arrival time based on the assigned route and airtime of your flight.
- Update your position based on your flight’s true performance, and WindowSeat recalculates your flight time.
- View images and read descriptions about the points-of-interest you pass on your flight.
- When an observed point-of-interest isn’t in line with WindowSeat’s flight tracker, simply drag your flight to match, and the application will recalculate your time.
- Committed to making future versions even better! Send suggestions and feedback that will help improve WindowSeat.
**NEW** External GPS Support - Requires a compatible external GPS device such as the Dual XGPS150 (http://xgps150.dualav.com/) or Bad Elf GPS (http://bad-elf.com/). Optional feature switch located in settings. Please note certain airlines do not permit the use of GPS. Please follow all crew member instructions.
What's New in Version 1.8.2
Bug fixes and other improvements
If you encounter missing airports after the update, please delete and reinstall the app from the iTunes app store.
Thumbs down from a million miler
Mildly diverting. It costs about 5% of Foreflight (an app for serious aviators) and provides a comparable 5% of the functionality. Most disappointing is the lack of detail about what's below. The map view is at too broad a level to answer questions like "what's that highway down there?" Flying into sfo, you discover that San Jose and other Bay Area cities all merge into a blur. No altitude or other flight metrics. I compared it to the inflight map on a UA transcon and it didn't really provide any better information. Probably fun if you have a 6yo in seat 27a, but not worthwhile otherwise. I eventually sprung for Foreflight which gives all sorts of serious data and is a wonderful resource if you're a frequent flier.
Could Be Great
PROS points out all the features on the ground along with detailed wiki like info. Gives you the flight time. Let's you adjust the location forward or backward.
CONS crashes sometimes, the flight times are wrong sometimes. I just imputed my flight from PHX to SAN it told me the flight was 4 mins long. Sometimes your flight is not listed at all. So basically, I would be a great app if it worked as it was suppose to. Please fix the bugs. Love You
I paid $7 for an app that crashes on start?!? I gave it one more star than it deserved because I'm assuming it won't stay that way forever given the cost but it leaves a very bad impression to an app I read a lot about in blogs leading up to release. tsk tsk
- Category: Travel
- Updated: May 10, 2015
- Version: 1.8.2
- Size: 187 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AppOven, LLC
- © 2011 - 2015 AppOven LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.