Windy (also known as Windyty) is an extraordinary tool for weather forecast visualization. This fast, intuitive, detailed and most accurate weather app is trusted by professional pilots, paragliders, skydivers, kiters, surfers, boaters, fishermen, storm chasers and weather geeks, and even by governments, army staffs and rescue teams.
Whether you are tracking a tropical storm or potential severe weather, planning a trip, pursuing your favorite outdoor sport, or you just need to know if it will rain this weekend, Windy provides you with the most up-to-date weather forecast around.
The uniqueness of Windy lies in the fact that it brings you better quality information than the other weather apps’ pro-features, while our product is absolutely free and even without ads.
Powerful, smooth and fluid presentation makes weather forecasting a real pleasure!
ALL FORECAST MODELS AT ONCE
Windy brings you all the world's leading weather forecasting models: global ECMWF and GFS, plus local NEMS and ICON (for Europe) and NAM (for the USA).
It can not be easier: Just compare all the available models at once and make better decisions!
36 DIFFERENT WEATHER LAYERS
From wind, rain, temperature, humidity, and pressure to swell or CAPE index, with Windy you will have all convenient weather layers just at your fingertips.
Windy lets you display observed wind and temperature, forecasted weather, airports around the World, paragliding spots, kiting and surfing spots or nearby webcams right on the map.
For any location on the map you can display the following detailed weather information:
• Basic forecast – temperature, rain and snow accumulation, wind speed, wind gusts and wind direction
• Wind forecast – comparing weather models at once
• Meteogram – temperature and dew point, wind speed and wind gusts, pressure, precipitation, altitude cloud cover, cloud base
• Airgram – wind barbs, temperature and cloud cover in different altitudes
• Waves forecast – wind direction, wind speed and wind gusts, wave direction and wave height, swell direction and swell height, swell period
For any place on Earth, you can set an alert for your 'desired weather.' These alerts consider a number of weather conditions: wind, waves, rain, new snow, temperature, clouds, time/duration and forecast model settings.
Available for the USA (including Hawaii and coastal parts of Alaska), South Korea and a couple of islands in the North Pacific Ocean and in the Caribbean.
FEATURES AND DATA SOURCES
• All the leading weather forecast models: ECMWF, GFS by NOAA, NEMS, ICON, and NAM
• 16 altitude levels from surface to 13.5km/FL450
• Altitude and Timezone info, Sunrise and Sunset time for any place
• Nearby weather stations – Real-time observed weather such as wind direction, wind speed, and reported temperature
• 50k+ Airports searchable by ICAO and IATA, including runway info, decoded & raw METARs, TAFs and NOTAMs
• Webcams for every location
• Translated to 40 languages
...and many more
GET IN TOUCH
Join us at community.windy.com to discuss weather-related topics, report a bug or suggest a new feature.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
• Facebook: facebook.com/windyforecast
• Twitter: twitter.com/windyforecast
• Instagram: instagram.com/windy_forecast
WINDY DONATE is a voluntary contribution to Windyty, SE. Contribution does not entitle user to any special function of Windy.com app. Windy.com app provides access to all and full functions even without the contribution.
WINDY DONATE payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Terms and Conditions are available at https://www.windy.com/terms-of-use
- New donations page. Please donate as in-app purchase to keep us going
- New Sounding Forecast (long tap on map to activate it)
- Much more improved fog forecast
- New Weather Warnings published by official weather institutions (so called CAP Alerts)
- Fixed Celsious/Fahrenheit issue on Widget (at least we hope so)
- Fixed iPhone XR,XS,X Max display
Ratings and Reviews
The best weather app out there
I was a huge fan of Storm from WeatherUnderground and hadn't checked out the other options recently, but when The Weather Channel killed Storm and replaced it with a mediocre weather channel version I had a look at the other options and was very happy to find Windy. It's so much much better than the others, let me count (a few of) the ways: You can pick your forecast model! And then compare the different models to see where they differ! That to me is a game changer. The timeline along the bottom is so great to see how pressure and fronts will move - I feel like I've learned a lot just by using the app. The many layer options are great - set it for what you want to see and don't be distracted by what you don't. And of course the wind animation options make for a visually appealing interface. Seeing how the different altitude winds are moving and changing is so useful and interesting. I'd gladly pay money for this app, there are just so many great things to say about it. And if all you want is a sun, a cloud, or an umbrella for where you live that's there for you too. I was bummed when Storm was killed off but am so happy to have found this great app.
Dependable and ACCURATE
Amazing, Dependable, ect. any good word you could use double it! This app it VERY dependable! I live in the United States and not in Europe. I thought that it could be a stretch with getting a European Weather app when I live in the US but when they pretty much nailed the paths of hurricanes Harvey, Irma, Maria, and Nate I new it was time to switch. I had a problem I had no clue which on to get. Some friends from Indian who visited recommended this. It took about 5 minuets to figure out but once you do it is SO easy to use and so accurate I have used this in past winter storms of what to expect and I was more prepared than the rest of my family who was depending on the National Weather Service!
Thank you so so much Windy Crew!
Rare “futurecast” feature
I really like the “futurecast” option which seems rare among weather apps. Other unique and useful features are the roadside camera links, snow depth maps, fog maps, and ocean info. I work outdoors much so I am always looking for a good weather app. This one is one of the best, if not the best. For suggested improvements, I wish there was an option for entering a list of reference locations for quick access to weather forecasts at those sites (this is common on most other weather apps). Movement of the location pin is a little odd as the pin remains stationary, but you move the map to change locations.
- Windyty, SE
- 82.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 - 2018 Windyty, S.E.
- In-App Purchases
- Donate approx 5 EUR/USD $4.99
- Donate approx 10 EUR/USD $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.