Let Winegard® keep you connected while at home, tailgating, trucking, or RVing by helping you view your favorite shows with this smart TV Signal Finder app with augmented reality.
Finding the available TV satellites and free over-the-air HDTV towers for your geographic location has never been easier. The smart Winegard TV Signal Finder app makes it simple to determine the correct position of your antenna to receive the available signals. This app uses your current location to search for the available signals for your favorite channels. Avoid obstructions with the augmented reality (AR) view.
Dual-mode app allows you to find free HDTV TV Towers with the Antenna Pointer mode or to locate TV satellites per provider with the Satellite Pointer mode:
- Antenna Pointer - Use the top-down map view to locate all HDTV TV towers closest to your address or GPS location. Eliminate signal obstructions such as trees, hills, and buildings by switching to the AR view. Simply point your phone to the horizon and rotate 360 degrees to bring into view your desired TV tower and find the best angle to point your antenna. The number displayed above a tower indicates the number of channels available. Tap the tower icon to see full channel details.
- Satellite Pointer - Use the AR view to locate DISH, DIRECTV, BellTV, or Shaw Direct satellites available for your mobile antenna. Simply point your phone at the southern sky to locate your target satellites and stay clear of signal obstructions such as trees and buildings. Azimuth and elevation pointing look angles are provided for easy pointing and setup of manual antennas.
- Augmented reality technology
- Compatible with auto-point or manual-point antennas
- Compatible with DISH, DIRECTV, BellTV, and Shaw Direct antennas
- Satellite azimuth and elevation pointing look angles
- Current FCC OTA TV tower information, channels, call signs, networks
- Distance to HDTV towers
This app requires the use of the camera, sensors, GPS, and compass in your smartphone. Compass accuracy is based on calibration and distance from large objects that may cause magnetic interference.
Winegard Company has been a leader in the design and manufacturing of quality antenna products since 1954. With over 1,000 different antenna models designed and 80 patents granted, Winegard has the solution for your antenna needs.
Winegard keeps you connected.
DISH is a registered trademark of DISH Network L.L.C. DIRECTV is a trademark of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. Bell TV is a trademark of Bell Canada, Inc. Shaw Direct is a trademark of Shaw Satellite G.P. All network and programming images and logos are copyrighted and are the property of their respective owners; they are not affiliated with Winegard Company.
Ratings and Reviews
Okay, could be better.
Recently downloaded app and found that while it shows me the various towers, I’m not sure of their relative location to my present location. It does not display any map information just colored range rings. No roads, Lakes, towns just nothing that can be used to verify direction. And I did allow it access to my location. AR mode is okay, just have to guess at the bearing to the tower. It’ll do I suppose until something better comes along. As it stands I hesitate to recommend to my fellow RV’ers.
Developer Response ,
Hello! The temporary Google Maps issue was resolved with version 1.2. Please give it a try and let us know your experience. Thanks!
A Little Bit of a Learning Curve...
Once I determined exactly how to use this app it works great. I was able to use AR mode to position my OTA antenna in my attic to the best spot to pick up around 25 channels. The picture on my TV is beautiful and the HD channels don’t pixelate.
Developer Response ,
Glad to hear it has helped you point your antenna!
Satellite Finder needs to work offline
Internet access is not necessary for the VR Satellite Finder feature, but the app requires it.
The phone knows its location from the GPS, its orientation from the compass and gyro, and the satellite positions are computable from the time and the orbital mechanics.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.