By MediaNews Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It's only natural that wine lovers flock to California's wine country, from the Livermore Valley to the Santa Lucia Highlands and beyond. Hundreds of wineries are tucked into the valleys and highlands of Monterey County, and along the bucolic, winding lanes of the Livermore Valley region of the San Francisco Bay Area. These wineries are known for their cabernet, chardonnay and pinot noir grapes, their welcoming tasting rooms and tight-knit sense of community.This app tells you where to sip, nosh and relax in some of California's loveliest wine regions. Among its features:
• Maps and guides to nearly 100 wine tasting rooms, right down to their picnic grounds, bocce courts and tasting fees.
• Novel ways to tour, from horseback rides to vineyard hiking trails and an ATV safari.
• Wine bars to try and recipes for their decadent fare.
• Chefs and wine experts' favorite wine day itineraries.
• And places to taste some of the more unusual grape varietals, from mourvedre to touriga.
A substantial contribution to Bay Area wine life.
The Bay Area has a remarkable collection of nearby wineries but it's hard to get to know them because local retailers don't stock much local wine. This app is really a breakthrough. The ability to link to wineries' web pages from the maps is particularly helpful.
Winery Road but not on the road
Well, it would work better for me on my iPhone. Hope I can get that app soon. I am much more likely to be wandering around with my iphone than my iPad.
Can't Rotate iPad?
I have our iPad in a Zag Keyboard, and I have to lay it on its side to view the wineries. Please update to rotate sideways. Also, are you planning other wine locations, Gold Country, Napa, Sonoma, etc...
- Category: Travel
- Released: Sep 18, 2013
- Version: 1.0.4
- Size: 10.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Media News Group
- © Bay Area News Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.