WSET graduate, or wine lover thirsty for knowledge? This App helps you train your knowledge of wine in a playful way. Using the currently over 1,400 questions, you can test and complete your practical knowledge about wine. The questions on wine geography, grape varieties, tasting characteristics, storage periods and other topics range from easy to demanding.
Typical questions are:
• What does it mean when wine has a vanilla aroma?
• Which are the typical tasting characteristics of a Rioja?
• Where in the world is Hunter Valley?
• From which wine region does the Fleurie come?
• Which are the main grape varieties in a Chianti?
• For how long would you store a vintage port?
• Where is the main growing region for Grüner Veltliner?
You can control the questions in the App:
• Chose from three difficulty levels and 13 countries.
• You might want to start with geography, for example. As your knowledge increases, you add other modules.
How are you doing?
• The proportion of correct answers is continuously shown; wrong answers are earmarked to be shown again.
• Chose between sessions of 20, 50, or 100 questions.
The free version includes about 100 questions.
Different Apps are available in the VinoMobile® series for wine buffs. No frills, just the essentials about wine. By Kurt Gibel, author of the best-selling tasting guide “Weine degustieren – leicht und spielend” (13th edition, 2011).
Fixes an incompatibility with iOS 9.1 that causes the questions and answers to be displayed in English only.
Adds support for iPhone 5, 6 and 6+ screens.
Ratings and Reviews
Getting ready for my WSET Advanced Certification, I used a lot quite a few Apps related to Wine Training and this one was quite helpful.
You have to be fair with yourself as once you answer, the answer is given to you and you can choose if it is correct or not. It does not come automatically.
Yes. I passed my WSET III Course.
Would be helpful to have known the app is not free after you have answered the first ten questions.
- Avinis GmbH
- 9.9 MB
- Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2011 - 2015 Avinis GmbH, CH-8906 Bonstetten
- In-App Purchases
- Complete list of questions $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.