WingX Pro7's simple subscription model:
● VFR Free!, CFI Free!, and MilitaryFree! - only VFR flying, CFI, or Active or Retired Military? Subscription is free.
● $74.95 annual subscription (or $199.95 for 3 years)
● $74.95 for Advanced IFR Subscription
● Free: 30-day Free Period
● Free: Synthetic Vision and Fuel Prices (with current subscription)
Includes VFR Sectionals, IFR Enroute Low and High, TACs, Flyway, Helicopter, Grand Canyon, and IFR Area charts plus APDs (geo-referenced), IAPs, etc
Advanced IFR Subscription
IAP geo-referencing, IAP Routing and ChartTouch
● New Advanced Moving Map with significant performance and stability improvements
● Visual region-based moving map data download selection - don't need the whole US, only download the section you want - much smaller and faster downloads.
● Improved weather display - better animation, faster downloading, and vastly less network bandwidth usage
● Reworked data dissemination process to enable earlier release of cycle data, improved dual-cycle data management, dynamic real-time system configuration.
● Optimized for new iPad and iPhone
● Winner of many awards including multiple Stevie Awards, Appy Awards, and Aviation Consumer.
GPS-Enabled Moving Map
● VFR Sectionals, IFR Enroute Low and High, TACs, Flyways, Helicopter, Grand Canyon, and IFR Area charts
● Wx Overlays including NEXRAD composite and many other weather overlay types with animation, transparency, and low-bandwidth option (e.g. hotel rooms)
● DP, STAR, and IAP Routing (iPad only)
● North Up or Track Up
● Split Screen
● Business locations on Airport Diagrams
● ADS-B In-Flight Weather and Traffic
● X-Plane and MS Flight Sim compatible
● Ground Proximity Warning System (GPWS) - terrain and obstacles
● SmartTaxi™ - advanced taxi warning system
● FlightShare™ - share routes on the ground or in the air!
● traca™ Technology - simply draw the route
● WingX Rewind™ - record and playback flights including GPS, AHRS, and Pitot-Static.
● Auto switch to Airport Diagram
● Class B Transitions
● Search And Rescue Grids and Patterns (old/new) - Parallel, Square, Sector, and Auto Fill Grid - supports MGRS
● Overlay terrain and obstacles (terrain up to 60N)
● State Lines
● Airspace overlays
● Airspace Notifications
● Passive RADAR Altimeter - Terrain Elevation or AGL
● Terrain Profile View - with climb angle and 500fpm descent lines
● AHRS-driven Attitude Indicator
● Built-in Simulator
● Extra dimming for night operations
● User-Defined Waypoints; e.g. SJC09015, N37.5W119.56 etc
● Multi-Page Notepad with Undo
● Runway Extensions and Traffic Patterns
● Easy GPS Calibration - tap on moving map's altitude
● Multiple Count-Up/Down timers
● Numerous aircraft icons
● Stadium TFRs
● Download flight plans directly from AOPA
● Print charts wirelessly
● Rotate DPs and STARs easily
● Draw on the approach chart
● Color-coded and decoded METARs, TAFs, winds/temps aloft
● METAR Density Altitude and Freezing Levels
● Victor Airways, Jetways, DPs, STARs, and even IAPs!
● Total and Longer Than Direct distances
● Flight Log shows Headings, GS, ETE, Fuel Burn using winds aloft
● Optimize Altitude for winds aloft
● Flight Plans and Weather Briefings with Leidos. Can be reused for fast filing
● File, Close, and Cancel flight plans
● Route and Area Weather Briefings
● Aircraft Manager for auto-fill
● Pressure/Density Altitude
● Winds Aloft
● Runway Winds
● IFR Climb
● Descent Rate
● ACS and PTS
● Parts of the AIM
● AC61-65H - Including Endorsements
● AC61-67C - Stall and Spin Awarenes
● Pilot/Controller Glossary
● Aeronautical Contractions
Integrated Help System
● Built-in mini-manual
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
● Prevent occasional app termination when displaying SAR patterns and TFRs.
Ratings and Reviews
Really love this program
I took a four year hiates from flying and got back into it again last year. I had the best of avionics including a Garman 430. This program is really better in many respects and Only requires an iPad and a GPS transmitter. I'm only flying vfr now but could not have done the flights I have done in the busy northeast corrider weaving my way around different air spaces. It's a great GPS and has many many other functions that I don't really use. I Love this program. thank you
PS I got my IFR currency and love using the approach plates. Especially like the Geo referencing so I can see my plane's exact position as I do an approach. I have no problems with slow redraw rate or anything else. Support has been excellent. Program has everything – flight planning, E6B, IFR and VFR for maps, approach plates, Airport information, and weather. Just got ADS-B– from Open Flight and am looking forward to using it on my iPad to display weather and other aircraft. Great program thank you
Truly an egg outstanding electronic flight bag product! I am an instrument instructor for both ground school and flight coursework. Privately, as well as at a local organization. I am recommending this to everyone. Multiple overlays, intelligent – if sometimes counterintuitive – user interface, exceptional graphics. This makes flying easier and safer. I trust the data I am being shown. That should say all of it. One small additional item that I have not found in the program yet, the MOS. Model output statistics from the National Weather Service, that is the only thing I am still looking for here.
Pilots - Please do NOT use for flight!
I am a Certified Flight Instructor and teach national courses on Mountain Flying. I think this app has many advantages over the competition but a dangerous and persistent flaw persists.
When the moving map screen is touched either by intent OR involuntarily, the terrain layer freezes and no longer indicates terrain proximity. For flat land pilots or flight simulator pilots this may be acceptable. If you are a serious pilot, this App should NEVER be used for real world flight. There are MUCH safer alternatives.
(I have spoken to company representatives on FIVE occasions over the past 3 years continuously hoping for a fix)
Two weeks ago I left a detailed message with an employee who said the developer would contact me.
. . . Crickets
- Hilton Software LLC
- 59 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2009-2019 Hilton Software
- In-App Purchases
- One Year Subscription $74.99
- Advanced IFR (One Year Subscription) $74.99
- Synthetic Vision (One Year Subscription) $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.