By NES Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Run your Windows applications on OSX without the need of buying a Windows license. Well, you even do not need to install Windows. Just download WinOnX and you are ready to go within 2 minutes.
PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING:
- WinOnX should only be used for applications which are not available for OSX. Whenever an application is available for OSX, we strongly recommend to use this version.
- You can look at http://www.winonx.com/compatibility/ to get some information how good your application might work with WinOnX which is an ongoing project. In case your Windows application does not work at the moment, there is a good chance that it will work after one of the next updates.
- In case your application does not work with WinOnX please drop us a note at http://winonx.com/feedback. We always try to improve the quality based upon your feedback.
- WinOnX is based on the open source Wine project. It is a layer which redirects the communication between an application and Windows to OSX. As a result not all applications are fully compatible. Most applications run fine, some run even faster but also some run slower or even crash.
What's New in Version 1.6
- Fixes for Yosemite
New In Version 1.5:
- Fixed compatibility bugs related to OS-X 10.7.5 and 10.8.2
- Fixed a bug which caused problems during secure authentication
- Updated to Wine 1.4.1
New In Version 1.4:
With WinOnX 1.4, you can now install as many Virtual Machines (VM) as you like. This has the following advantages:
- You can install programs completely separate from each other.
- Programs can be launched with different system settings.
- Instead of deinstalling programs, you can just delete the appropriate VM.
Furthermore, a lot of bugs especially related to keyboard entries and the installation process of new programs were fixed.
New In Version 1.3:
- Added "File" menu for native OSX support to create multiple windows and open files
- Update to 'Wine 1.4'
- Improved 'Support Center'
- Several bug fixes
New In Version 1.2:
- WinOnX Support Center for automatic problem analysis
- Programs are started with a double click of the mouse
- Several languages are supported within the program
- Better support for multiple printers
- Improvement of full-screen view
- Crashes are kept under better surveillance
- Log files for every program
- Many minor bug fixes
Seems to have issues with El Capitan
It worked fairly well for what I needed it to before El Capitan upgrade, and flawlessly before Yosemite. I assume a fix is in the works since it seems to be broken for everyone who upgraded, and the last update was in September, so that would indicate there’s still a team working on it. So I’ll just have to be patient. I enjoy the simplicity of the app though and think it’s kind of petty of people to rate 1 star like it’s some kind of ultimatum motivator.
I should have listened to the reviews.
I have one small Windows program that is not available for Macs and I took the chance that this program WinOnX might do the trick for me. Well I guessed wrong. This program doesn’t work, period. I hope the people who put this program out find a way to make it work or take it off the APP Store.
No loger works
No longer works after update