World’s #1 zip utility on iOS! Millions of user's choice to work with compressed files.
The reviews are unanimous!
“Trying to open a zip file on your mobile phone? Good luck -- unless you happen to have this handy tool installed. It launches directly from your inbox to give you a look inside those pesky file packages. “ - Mashable
CNET gives WinZip for iOS a 5-star rating, saying "We love apps that are simple and straightforward to use. WinZip definitely fits that description. We recommend it for all users."
If you frequently use your iOS device to send and receive documents and large image files, you'll find a friend in the new WinZip app for iPhones and iPads. The full version costs $5, but it's worth the investment, according to CIO.com blogger James A. Martin.
From AppPicker: "Why not sink a few dollars into this fantastic version of WinZip for your iPhone and iPad!"
WinZip makes it easy to handle Zip and RAR files on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch!
Whether you received a Zip or RAR file as an email attachment, or want to download and view the contents of a Zip and RAR file from the web, just “Open with WinZip”. Share with other iOS users in seconds with support for AirDrop.
Now you can:
• Unzip major compressed file types, including .ZIP and .RAR with just a tap
• Quick browse email compressed attachment content by “Open with WinZip”
• Open and save email attachments in a My Files folder locally on your iPhone or iPad
• Easily view all images in a zip file with the enhanced image viewer
• Browse your Photo Album and iTunes Music
• Download or upload files from/to WinZip through iTunes/iTools
• Connect directly to your Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and iCloud accounts to zip, unzip and share files (Upgrade Required)
• Zip your cloud storage files, unzip files to your accounts and create and save .zip and .zipx files to your accounts (Upgrade Required)
• Compress/backup your files, music, photos to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive or iCloud to free your iPhone space (Upgrade Required)
• Unzip and view most common file types including: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .pages, .numbers, .key, .rtf, .pdf, .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif, .tif, and more
View any of the following types of files within your Zip or RAR file:
• Word documents (.doc, .docx)
• Excel spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx)
• PowerPoint presentations (.ppt, .pptx)
• PDF files (.pdf)
• Photos and images (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .gif, .tif, .tiff)
• Text files (.txt, .ini, .inf, .bat, .js, .log, .xml, .css, .java, .cs, .h, .m, .cpp, .c, .sql)
• Web documents (.htm, .html, .jsp, .asp)
• Rich Text Format documents (.rtf)
• Keynote presentations (.key)
• Numbers spreadsheets (.numbers)
• Pages documents (.pages)
• Media files (.m4a, .mp3, .wav, .mp4, .mov)
Would you like to translate WinZip from English into your native language? Please contact help(at)winzip.com using the subject line "Translate WinZip into XXX", replacing XXX with your native language. In recognition of your efforts, your name will be included in the application description.
1. Try Zip/Unzip/Copy/Rename/Send mail features free
2. Opening and unzipping RAR 5.0 files now supported
3. Improvements made to various file operations
Ratings and Reviews
Cmon guys, you are better than this! Like a lot of the other reviews, this is an app that has very very minimal functionality, unless you buy it. I don't personally prefer this type of marketing. Price it up front: .99, 1.99, 2.99, etc. be CLEAR on just exactly what you are selling or not selling. I realize this is all the fad in the App Store now, but it still seems a deceptive practice to market this way. Not really a "try before you buy". More like a get a crippled app, struggle with it. Get frustrated. Delete it, move on to another app that works for the purpose you had hoped this one would have done. Little word of advice: Instead of responding back to your reviewer's negative comments with defensive statements, read your reviews, listen to your potential customers. Fix the problem. That will get your rating up. Not defending your approach. Lol.
The Premium version and its price is clearly listed in the App Store. There also is a comparison page in the knowledge base showing what the differences are in the feature sets - https://support.winzip.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011875007-Feature-Comparison-WinZip-for-iOS. I don't know what you mean by zero Zip functionality. The free version will open Zip files and allow you to view supported files. In the case of photos, they can be "shared" with your Photos app, which is unzipping.
Waste of Time, Space, and Data
I’m planning on scraping my Facebook account but have several photos and videos I’ve uploaded to my it over the years. In order to download all these files from Facebook I needed an app to open an .zip file that Facebook provides for you. After searching the Internet, this app was suggested. I was hesitant to download it at first because of the low user rating, but I downloaded it anyway — boy, do I now regret it. Sure it copied the zip file, it displays the “folders” of the zip. But it DOES NOT show what’s in the folders. Every time I try to open them it ask me to pay $4.99 for the Pro version. Nope. Sorry. Not happening.
I have just tested the Facebook download. Most of the information comes as .html files, but it also will include pictures and videos if you do not uncheck those boxes. I had no trouble opening the Zip file with the free version of WinZip and each of the files opened with no problem. I do not know what the issue you had was. Perhaps it is how Facebook put the file together so that it might have included empty folders.
What are you downloading this?
If it worked fine. But you will download it and only frustrate yourself trying to use it. Don't waste your time and energy with this lying garbage!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.