Wire • Secure Messenger
By Wire Swiss GmbH
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Wire secures your business and personal chats, files and calls with end-to-end encryption. All data is protected by European privacy laws.
Wire combines strong end-to-end encryption with great user experience, and all the great features to get work done in a team, or to bring friends and families together.
It works on all major platforms and devices so your chats, files and calls are always in sync and available everywhere.
• End-to-end encryption – Chats, calls and files are secured and only the participants have the keys to unlock what is said or sent. Wire does not have access to your conversations.
• Based in Europe – Wire follows strict Swiss data protection laws and all our servers are based in Germany and Ireland.
• Open source and independently audited – Wire’s code is 100% open source and is regularly reviewed by independent security experts.
• Mobile, tablet, desktop – The conversations and files are always in sync and you don’t need a phone to sign up or log in.
• Voice and video calls – Get a conference call or screen sharing session going with up to 10 people, or jump on a 1:1 video call for some face-to-face time.
• Secure file sharing – Securely send any file from your device, or from a cloud service like Dropbox.
• Easy-to-use – Wire combines maximum security with a great user experience. There's no training required and as many users say “even my grandmother can use it!”
• 2-in-1 – Wire is the first secure messenger that lets you log in with multiple accounts. Easily switch between work and personal conversations.
• Rich conversations – Audio and video messages, GIFs, sketches and likes help to keep the conversation going.
Wire is free for personal use.
More info: wire.com
What's New in Version 3.2
— Improved iOS notifications and in-app notifications.
— Reliability of the sharing extension, for example when sharing edited screenshots.
— Added a link to team management page to team owners and team admins.
— TouchID sometimes didn’t work properly to unlock the app.
— Flickering “…is typing” indicator.
— Double messages about events, for example when someone was added to a chat.
— Sending some specific links crashed the app.
Exactly what I️ wanted
End to end encryption, has an app on every OS including browsers, voice and video chats, intuitive UI, and its free for personal use?! For me this beats iMessage and Signal and I hope this app gets the user base it deserves.
It will off itself when delete voice messages!!
It will off itself when delete voice messages!! Please fix it 🤔🤔.
Nice app but needs more features
- Category: Business
- Updated: Nov 09, 2017
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 126 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Wire Swiss GmbH
- © Wire Swiss GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.