By MADE GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use your iPhone, iPad or iPod as a wireless network camera.
Place your iOS device where you want and access the camera with a webbrowser installed on any computer in the same network.
With the integrated password protection you can block unwanted access to your Wireless Camera. If you want to allow public access to your camera, there's the public mode that removes all administration options from the interface. And if you do not need it anymore, you can shutdown the camera from your computer using the built-in remote shutdown functionality. But there's more, use the motion detection feature to save pictures to your device whenever something moves.
• View a video feed streamed directly from your iOS device to your webbrowser.
• Configurable image resolution, supports up to 1080p (iPhone 4S or newer)
• Change the update frequency in your browser. (Live², 1 sec to 30 sec)
• Record pictures to your device.
• Motion Detection, save only pictures when the app noticed movement or changes in the scene.
• Integrated password protection.
• Public mode to hide administration functionality from the web-interface.
• Built-in picture viewer.
• Create Quicktime MOV movies from your recorded pictures.
• Remote shutdown functionality to exit the application from your computer.
• Supports the Bonjour service publishing protocol.³
• Battery saving mode, cover the top left corner of the device while the server is active.
• Retina Display and iPhone 5 support
• Supports both front camera and back camera and the flashlight.
★★★★★ - Wonderful
"Does what it says and does it very well. Up and running in 2 minutes. Thanks so much!"
★★★★★ - Web cam
"Really perfect! No joke. Enough said."
★★★★★ - does what it says
"great app, thnks..."
★★★★★ - tolle App!
"Die aktuelle Version ermöglicht nun auch einen Videostream (statt Einzelbild)! TOP!"
Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates about Wireless Camera and drahtwerk:
² For real video streaming we recommended one of the following browsers: Safari, FireFox or Chrome.
³ The connection using Bonjour and Windows requires the installation of the Apple Bonjour Drivers.
What's New in Version 4.0
Added Compatibility with iOS 6.0
Improved Added support for iPhone 5
Added 1080p support for iPhone 4S and iPhone 5
Added 720p support for iPhone 4, 4S and iPhone 5
Added Resolution selection in app settings
Added Wireless camera is now a universal app for both iPhone and iPad!
Added new icon
IP camera on the cheap
I'm surprised by all the one star reviews. I've been using this app for various robotics projects. Put your iPhone on a mobile robot. Write a quick desktop program to fetch the latest image from the URL and you have 1/2 of a tele-operated robot.
I've had this app for about 3 years. I use it to mount on robots for my students, or to view the field remotely. Works great. Not sure about all the negative reviews. Worked great on iPhone 4 and now 5s.
Photos are blank/black after the first 4 or 5.
The app largely worked as described. Except that picture 5 1/4 of the screen was blacked out. #6 1/2 the screen was blacked out and so on. So the next morning I had the correct number of pictures- which were all black/blank.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 05, 2012
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: MADE GmbH
- © drahtwerk 2011-2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.