By Juggernaut Technology, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"This app is a joy to use! ...you'll be able to get the right wire gauge to use every time. Nice." - Cruising World Blog (11/27/2012)
"It is a must have for your electrical toolbox." - i-marineapps (2/9/2013)
WireSizer will be the simplest and most intuitive wire size selector and DC voltage drop calculator you have ever used.
WireSizer's features include:
• Wire selection in SAE, AWG, or ISO/Metric wire gauges
• Up to 50 volts DC
• Up to 200 amps
• Total circuit length up to 600 feet (200 meters)
• Fractional amps available for those doing LED lighting or similar (see Settings)
• Optional power calculation in Watts (see Settings)
• AWG & SAE wire gauges from 4/0 to 18
• ISO/Metric wire from 0.75 mm to 92 mm
• Simple “Materials List” to record your wire selection
• Toggle for “Hot” environments like engine compartments
• Toggle if wire is sheathed, bundled, or in conduit
• Select wire insulation rating of 60C, 75C, 80C, 90C, 105C, 125C, or 200C
• Voltage drop calculations results are checked against the safe current carrying capacity (or "ampacity") of the wire
• No keyboard input required, just spin!
• No Internet access needed. Use it when you need it.
• Meets or exceeds ABYC E-11, NEC, and IOS/FDIS standards when used with common sense.
• Optimized for iOS7 & iOS8
For common DC projects WireSizer is simple, accurate, and flexible enough for both do-it-yourselfers and professionals alike. If you are designing a nuclear power plant, please look elsewhere.
To find your proper wire, simply select your DC voltage, your current, and the length of your circuit by "flipping" through the spinners. No keyboard input needed! WireSizer will automatically calculate the minimum wire size for different percentages of voltage drop under normal or "engine compartment" operating conditions using copper wire. Wire gauge recommendations include commonly available sizes in AWG, SAE and ISO/Metric.
Results calculated are for voltage drops between 1 and 20 percent (which you can "flip" through to find the one which is best for your purpose), and wire sizes between 4/0 and 18 gauge AWG and SAE, and 0.75 to 92 mm.
Some uses that we know customers have used WireSizer for include:
• RVs, Cars, and Trucks
• Water Wells
• Solar Panels
• Haunted Houses
• LED lighting
• Remote Control Vehicles
• Aerial Drones
• Amateur Radio
• Industrial Equipment and Machinery
Please remember that WireSizer is for DC circuits only, limited to “low voltage” applications (50 volts), and intended for copper wire (tinned or not) only. To perform AC or high voltage calculations that meet the requirements of all the standards organizations listed above would require an extra level of complexity that often only professional or dedicated amateurs will understand, and to do so adequately would require a complicated user interface, which we don’t want!
Not for use with AC circuits.
Juggernaut Technology is a member of ABYC.
If you have any questions (or complaints!), please email us.
Ad free, and will cost less than the wire scraps you probably throw away at the end of the day.
What's New in Version 3.11
- Minor User Interface changes
Great simple app for quick calcs.
Great app for simple DC work
Great for simple DC wire engineering
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 20, 2014
- Version: 3.11
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Juggernaut Technology, Inc.
- © 2012-2015 Juggernaut Technology, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.