WISDOC helps you find the best doctor or specialist recommended by the ones you trust.
You’re looking for a good doctor in your new neighborhood?
You don’t have time to call many friends to get a recommendation?
You would like a second opinion on the specialist recommended by your general practitioner?
WISDOC will help you!
WISDOC services are free and currently available in Belgium, France, Netherlands and Luxembourg in 3 languages (French, Dutch and English), with more than 437.000 specialists (General Practitioners, Specialists and Dentists) and 1.800 hospitals are pre-listed. WISDOC services are also available on the website www.wisdoc.com.
WISDOC is a unique online platform of information for searching and selecting a medical Specialist based on:
- Practitioner’s specialty
- Sub-specialties: specific diseases, diagnostic procedures, surgical or medical treatments, as indicated by WISDOC members
- Recommendations from all patients/WISDOC users and from your own personal friends community
- Evaluations and comments from your friends on Specialists’ skills: listening skills, clarity of explanations on disease and treatment, follow-up and availability
- Objective information indicated by the Specialist on his/her online profile
- Practitioner’s location
When you search a specialist, by indicating a specialty and a location (or geo-locating yourself), you will be able to sort the list of specialists by
- distance from your location
- total number of recommendations from all WISDOC users
- total number of recommendations from your friends (see below)
WISDOC also allows you to:
SELECT YOUR PERSONAL COMMUNITY OF FRIENDS
When it comes to your health and the health of your family, it is important to be able to rely on quality and trustful recommendations, left by people you know and care about; people with whom you share values and preferences, with whom you want to share your recommendations too.
INVITE FRIENDS is easy:
- Searching among your Facebook friends already using WISDOC (requires registering with Facebook) or among all WISDOC users.
- Inviting friends who are not using WISDOC yet, by sending a preset invitation
By inviting a Friend or accepting a friend invitation, you allow each other so see your evaluations and comments.
- You can consult at any time all recommendations from your friends.
- We recommend inviting as many friends as possible. With a larger community, you increase your chances to have at least one friend who know the right specialist corresponding to you needs.
SEND SPECIFIC REQUEST FOR RECOMMENDATION TO YOUR FRIENDS
- When you don’t find any, or enough, recommended specialists while performing a search, you can reach out to all, or a selection, of your WISDOC friends.
- In addition to the specialty and location, you can add a specific comment to specify further what you’re looking for.
- If sensitive, you can also send your request anonymously. Your friends will see: “one of your friends” instead of your name.
- By evaluating them on some key skills: listening, clarity of explanations on disease and treatment, follow-up and availability.
- You are encouraged to indicate for which sub-specialties you’re recommending him/her and leave a comment.
- An average evaluation of 3 or more (on a scale of 5) will automatically add an incremental recommendation to the specialist. Both your recommendation and your recommended sub-specialties will appear, anonymously, on the specialist profile.
- Only your friends will be able to see which specialists you have recommended, and for which sub-specialties. Your evaluations and comments are only visible to your friends. All these information are secured and protected.
- You can still decide to make a recommendation anonymous, even to your friends (they will see “one of your friends” instead of your name).
SAVE DOCTORS IN YOUR FAVORITES
- For quick access, for you or for recommending them to your friends
General bug fixes and performance improvements
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.