wishoTouch Japanese dictionary
By sazanami software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Save time looking up Japanese with wishoTouch. This universal app turns your iPhone/iPad into a powerful, easy to use Japanese-English-kanji dictionary.
wishoTouch comes with its own full-screen kanji handwriting pad. You need to know the stroke order, but results are sorted in such a way that most of the time you don't need to draw the whole character. You can also find kanji by radical, number of strokes, meaning etc., rotate the device to quickly thumb through related characters, and watch interactive stroke-order animations for 6,355 kanji.
And that's not all. Tight integration with a word dictionary lets you seamlessly jump between a kanji and its compounds. This integration makes use of multitouch gestures: touching a kanji shows its details, while touch-holding gives you other options.
Hunting for Japanese words and kanji has never been simpler or more enjoyable!
NOTE: Basic knowledge of hiragana and kanji stroke order is recommended.
- Search-as-you-type in English and Japanese
- Spell-checking in English and romaji
- Jump to other apps and web dictionaries
- Bookmark, annotate and share entries
- Split view/slide over multitasking
- Extension to look up/bookmark kanji from other apps
- Spotlight search for kanji
- Speech recognition (iOS 10)
- Today Widget showing kanji and related compounds
- Night mode (dark mode)
- Optional high-quality audio + other add-ons
This app uses the JMDICT, KANJIDIC2 and RADKFILE Japanese dictionary files. These files are property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group at Monash University and are used in conformance with the Group’s licence.
KanjiVG is © Ulrich Apel and used under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license.
What's New in Version 3.9.2
Further fixes to issues inadvertently introduced in v3.9
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Apr 19, 2017
- Version: 3.9.2
- Size: 289 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: sazanami software
- © sazanami software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Kanji OCR Module$4.99
- Examples Module$4.99
- iSpeech® Module$4.99