Take the WISN 12 News app with you everywhere you go and be the first to know of breaking news happening in Milwaukee and the surrounding area. Always stay up to date with the latest local news, national, sports, traffic, political, entertainment stories and much more. Download the WISN 12 News app for free today.
Our Local News, Weather and Sports App Features Include:
- Milwaukee breaking news alerts with push notifications
- Live streaming breaking news updates from our WISN 12 News reporters when it happens, where it happens
- Local news submission area for breaking news, news tips and the ability to email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom to be featured on air
- Share stories via email or your social media pages
- Up to date, current local weather conditions, hourly Milwaukee weather updates, and 7 day forecasts
- An interactive radar that lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity
- Milwaukee weather alerts and updates, WeatherWatch 12 videocasts and more
Simple bug fixes, security updates and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Ads and Push Alerts Are an Issue
WISN is generally my preferred source in Milwaukee however using the app is a chore sometimes. Often, stories that come in via notifications aren’t yet available in the app unless you specifically go through the notification. If you see a notification come in while you’re doing something else you can’t finish your task and then head to the app. You have to head to your notifications and access it that way or else you won’t find the story.
The app also constantly pauses your music in order to play ads, even when you aren’t trying to view a video. It’s incredibly frustrating that you can’t read news stories and listen to your music at the same time.
WISN My go-to local news source
The ads are bad. But not any worse than any other digital news source.
The fact that a notification of news doesn’t show up in the app until many minutes later can be annoying but I understand why. It’s a technical thing that has to do with hosting. I’ve learned that if a notification comes up that I find interesting but I can’t read it at the time I hit “Add To Saved”. It goes to my “Saved” stories immediately. Even if it didn’t show up in the normal news category yet.
I wish they would limit push notifications to breaking news that I need to know now. Although sad, I do not need to know the very second it is determined that the death toll of hurricane Michael went from 11 to 17. When I have time I’ll look through the normal news. On that note, thank you for no longer pushing “It’s time for Friday night high school football scores” every <bleeping> Friday night at 8 o’clock.
I will update to 5 starts if I notice the push notifications improve.
Disappointed and annoyed by the newest updates.
WISN is my preferred option for news and entertainment and I used to love the old app. Now, there are far too many pop up ads, ads that play automatically, and too many meaningless news alerts. I wish there was a way to choose which I’d like to receive. Additionally, when I do see a news alert that I’d like to read more completely, I swipe to do so and not only does the news alert disappear, I can’t find it listed in the app! Even when you put the subject in the search field, nothing.
- Hearst Television
- 105.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018, Hearst Stations Inc. on behalf of WISN-TV
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.