By Grumpyface Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get ready for zany arcade action with a unique color-matching twist! Wispin introduces a new type of gameplay that's unlike ANY other game on the app store!
"Wispin is a breath of fresh air in iOS gaming" - TouchArcade.com
The innovative "Touch Color Wheel" acts similar to a joystick - slide your thumb around to change Wispin's color on the fly. Matching an enemy's color will allow you to defeat it, but you'll have to think quickly and watch out for enemies and attacks of differing colors!
- NEW free content update adds new features and improves the game from top to bottom!
- Stylized cartoon graphics and beautiful animations featuring HD Retina display support!
- Two endless gameplay modes, Achievements to unlock, statistics tracking, and Game Center leaderboards!
- Wacky weapons (including bombs, arrows, and CHEESE), powerups, bonuses, and an escalating multiplier/combo system!
- Gameplay that starts slowly so all types of players can learn the ropes, but eventually progresses to be more chaotic, challenging, and super intense! (Even for advanced players)!
- Customizable game options including joystick and tilt controls!
- Color Blind and left-handed control support!
(Check the options menu)
- Your purchase helps support our Indie Development efforts and continued improvements to the game!
- It's fun on a bun!
"Much to our delight, Wispin has put a unique spin on the genre and made something pretty special and fresh. It looks like a cartoon come to life and plays like a dream." - GameZebo.com (4.5 out of 5)
"Wispin is a gem of a title that lacks any real comparison, but once you're in it's hard not to keep coming back." - AppSpy.com (5 out of 5)
"Wispin does something decidedly different from the norm, and ends up being a whole lot of fun because of it." - TouchArcade.com
"Stock up on all of your daily needs before you buy the game, because once you start to play there’s no time for anything else." -iPhoneAlley.com
For more about Wispin, check out: http://www.wispingame.com
Send any problems, questions, suggestions, and warm-fuzzies to: firstname.lastname@example.org We read ALL emails! :)
What's New in Version 1.1.2
( Version 1.1.2 is a quick patch to address a graphical layering issue caused by the new 4.3 iOS update, and a glitch that prevents Bloops from using their bomb or color-changing attacks. The recent Version 1.1.1 update notes follow: )
Thank you to our players for all the great feedback! We're happy to provide the following improvements to Wispin based upon player requests:
- Any past Achievements earned offline will now sync with your Game Center account every time the game is restarted!
- The 'Spirit Touch' item will no longer cause Wispin to sometimes get stuck in the corner of the screen
- Checking leaderboards from within a level will now take you to the appropriate leaderboard for that level
- Squashed a few other small bugs
And if you missed our last update: We majorly overhauled the game and added a new enemy, new level, new gameplay feature, new powerup, improved controls, and more!
If you enjoy Wispin, please help us out by writing an App Store review or updating an old review!
For any problems, comments, or inquiries please contact us at: email@example.com We read all emails :)
*** One last note for Wispin fans: we 've finally released an iPad Version!! This new version of Wispin features expanded environments (w/larger play areas) and new iPad-specific control options! If you enjoy Wispin, please support our indie efforts and search for "Wispin HD" on the iPad App Store, or check out: http://bit.ly/WispinHD Thanks everyone!
Too much action onscreen for controls to keep up
While the color-matching concept of this game is unique, the controls can't keep up with the frenetic gameplay. The controls aren't bad -- quite the opposite. But the number of enemies onscreen and action ramps up quickly. By the second or third rounds, you'll likely die simply because there's too much going on to control. The virtual d-pad and analog seem to be the best way to go (although they won't help much when things get crazy by round 3). There's an option to use tilt controls but those won't do you much good at all.
I love this game! It is frantically addicting, making it virtually impossible to put down. Four stars instead of five because new content has not been introduced since 2011. Come on guys! We would like to see some new features without in app purchases. Keep it add free please!
Love this game! Only problem is that I use the joy stick and I can't see under my so if I go into one of the bottom corners I tend to die quickly. Can the joysticks be made a little kore transparent? Otherwise a very fun game! A++++ would buy again.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 11, 2011
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 20.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Grumpyface Studios LLC
- © 2010 Grumpyface Studios, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.