Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WithBaby connects to your Smart Baby Monitor by Withings.
The Smart Baby Monitor offers a cutting-edge way to monitor your baby, interact with him/her and ensure your infant’s well-being using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
By using the free WithBaby app, you can easily watch over your baby with high-resolution video, intuitive Pan-Tilt zoom and night vision, so you don’t miss a thing. Always be near your baby by listening, talking to your child, playing lullabies or turning on the nightlight from anywhere in the world. The Smart Baby Monitor allows you to receive discrete alerts in case of noise, motion, temperature or humidity, so that you can control your child’s environment. The Smart Baby Monitor can give you the peace of mind you need by being able to monitor your baby’s safety and comfort from wherever you are at any time.
• Watch over baby in exceptional conditions on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
• High-resolution video, motion free and intuitive Pan Tilt Zoom, night vision
• Crystal clear sound
• Ability to talk to baby, play lullabies or turn on the multicolor night light
• Monitor noises, motion, temperature and humidity in baby’s room
• Capacity to set alarms to designated parameters of noise level, motion, temperature and humidity
• Enjoy an unlimited range: watch over baby at home, on the road or from work
• Alert logs to monitor and improve baby’s room conditions
• Simple and intuitive connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Ethernet cable
You leave outside the US, Europe or Australia? Sign up for alerts and be the first to know when the Smart Baby Monitor is available: http://www.withings.com/en/babymonitor
What's New in Version 2.02
- Bug fixes and improvements
- UI improvement for alerts on video screen
- Add forgot your password
Works but could be better
I have used this monitor for about two months, tried a few other top of the line brands and this seems to connect the best over the mains (Motorola & Summer Infant). A few drawbacks I have seen are the delays between what's happening and the viewer. Internet has a strong wifi connection & I've tried this with most apple products(iPhone 4, 5s, 6, & iPad 2, mini) I get about a 2-3sec delay. Restarting the app helps speed up delay when it gets bad. Also the picture seems to become glitchy when zoomed in/out almost like it's trying to decide what size and picture quality you are requesting.
A few operational quirks I have noticed are:
1. Notifications are general and not device specific. You can't have sound & motion alerts off on one device and on with another. This becomes annoying if I'm monitoring and my spouse is out of town but still has his phone, alerts still go to that phone while away.
2. The only way to adjust volume is to change the main volume on the phone, no independent control.
Each time Withings updates this app something else goes haywire. I was an early adaptor to this product about two years ago when the app worked flawlessly. Since that time this product has become completely unreliable at best. The bottom line is that some people have absolutely no issues and they have a wonderful product. Others have a very expensive paper weight. I have been on both sides for quite sometime now and I could not recommend this product to any parent in good faith, it just isn't reliable! Whether it's connection issues or alerts not going off or going off at the incorrect time you can never feel at ease. The next issue is that Withings has been completely unresponsive to repeated pleas for help correcting these issues. Once again some people get a response from them and others like myself never get any response. There are other monitors out there that do a much better job, I unfortunately am stuck with them as I have a large amount of money sunk into two monitors that use to work great. Good luck to all those who in a similar situation, maybe one day the monitor and app will work again.
We love this monitor, no problems...
Wow, I'm stunned to read some of the poor reviews. We've had a few (less than 10) times that monitoring was disconnected in 18 months. The alerts got to be a little incessant until we figured out that we can edit/control the threshold sensitivity that generates an alert. You can ask it to alert you if there is low volume noise that lasts for 30 secs....or loud noise for 15 secs, or the humidity gets low...
You can change the music & its volume, or the nightlight and its brightness and color...or speak to your baby. The girls that help us with our kids all use it right from their cell phones and we can restrict their access when they are not here. Although it's not designed for this purpose, we have 1 grandparent that lives 800 miles away and we can tell her when we have all 3 playing in the baby's room and she can get a live glimpse at them if she just wants to see them.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Mar 31, 2014
- Version: 2.02
- Size: 17.3 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Withings
- © 2011 Withings
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.