Wits & Wagers: Trivia Party
By Backflip Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take a guess, then bet who answered best. It's a trivia party & you're invited!
"Party Game of the Year" ~ Games Magazine
"Best Trivia Game of All-Time" ~ About.com
Wits & Wagers, the award-winning trivia party board game, is now available for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch. Trivia games can be hard if you're not a know-it-all. In Wits & Wagers, you don't need to have all the answers to win. Not confident in your guess? Just bet on another player's answer. You'll earn chips for either having the best answer or for knowing who does. Play with your Facebook friends or random players. Just take your best guess. The fun is betting who answered best!
HOW TO PLAY
1) Take a guess on each trivia question.
2) Bet who answered best without going over.
3) The player with the most chips after 7 questions wins!
Let's get this trivia party started.
Install Wits & Wagers today.
Wits & Wagers is brought to you by North Star Games and Backflip Studios, makers of absurdly fun mobile games like Paper Toss, DragonVale, NinJump, Ragdoll Blaster, Strike Knight, Army of Darkness, Shape Shift and more. Search the App Store for "Backflip Studios" to see all our apps. Follow @BackflipStudios on Twitter for game announcements and other updates. Thanks for playing!
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- Updated for iOS 7
- Bug fixes
I will start by noting that I discovered the game by watching another friend try it out and it seemed really interesting. This led to two huge issues for me:
1) The questions it asks each round are the exact same and come in the same order. The first round my friend played was the exact same set of questions I got for the first round. Same for rounds 2, 3 and 4. It was the exact same questions in the exact same order. This just seems exceptionally lazy given that coding even basic randomization in is very easy to do.
2) I don't think you play against real people, just bots. Having just watched a friend play meant I knew all of the answers. Despite typing in answers immediately upon the keypad appearing I was always the last person to answer. And despite the fact that I always guessed the exact answer and always put full wagers on myself, I was the last person to enter my bets and none of the other "players" ever bet on my answers. This meant I was winning games with 30+ pts and the others players were scoring 0.
In conclusion, seems like it could be really fun if I weren't just playing a bunch of bots who are given real sounding names.
Fun Fun game despite some quirks
Who Am I playing against? Seems to be an AI, not other real Facebook opponents - on my iPAD 2 - as it makes itself out to be. But, for an AI it plays very well. (By the way Facebook Link was broken as noted by other reviewer, I lost all my stats - but I reinstalled, works fine now). I requested to play a particular opponent more often and no matter what time I would play, this "opponent" would always be there? Despite the fact I am not playing real people, database of facts is excellent, game is a real kicker. It is my #1 favorite bathroom time passer. ".....Smarter than a 5th Grader?" Is another example of a game where you think you are playing against real opponents.
Wits & Wagers - could've been love
I love love the concept of this game. But it really doesn't connect with Facebook- I tried to ask my friend and vice versa but they never show up on my fiend list to play. So I play others who I don't know if they r the computer or not. And why am I winning money? There is no store or nothing to buy, o wait u can buy money - but why would u?
It would be nice to play in real time w ur friends. And also winning should be money if u can use ur money for something like a deposit in ur own bank. And what do I get for accomplishing some task? Nothing. This should change too.
This could've easy be a five star. But u need to take care of issues. Fun game! Should've thot threw app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 06, 2014
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 40.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Backflip Studios
- © 2013 Backflip Studios
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Buyout$2.99
- Stack of Coins$0.99
- Chest of Coins$4.99
- Bag of Coins$2.99
- Vault of Coins$9.99
- Pile of Coins$1.99