Download the official WLS-AM 890 app, it’s easy to use and always FREE!
With the official app, you can stay connected from work, home, or on the road. Follow us on social media, get access to all our other unique content, features and more!
- Access all your favorite podcast shows on demand. Listen live (less storage requirement) or download and listen when offline
- Thumb through the latest local news
- Follow the latest posts from social media
- Wake up to your favorite show with our alarm clock. Record a personal message to play before waking up to the show.
- Fall asleep while listening to your favorite show
- See the weekly shows schedule so you don’t miss a thing
- Real time weather for where you are
- Share our app via Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s audience measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, such as Nielsen’s TV Ratings. To learn more about our digital audience measurement products and your choices in regard to them, please visit http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
Ratings and Reviews
Works great for about 15 minutes, then it shuts down and your back at the App Store. Each time it shuts down you have to restart it and listen to advertisements. I have given up on the app. I love WLS but the app is annoying.
Just downloaded app will not work. Says I have no internet connect. Everything else works on my phone!
Love WLS and the content provided, however, it's rare that I can stay connected to the app for more than a half an hour without it opening the App Store, which stops the audio from playing. I have to reload it only to sit through video ads for a few minutes, in hopes that it will load through and play the content without opening the App Store on me again. Usually I fight this loop long enough that I'm already at work by the time it starts streaming the actual content I'm trying to listen to.
Other issues with with this app are it shuts itself down periodically for no reason and every time I start the app, it starts with the volume turned down turn about 25%, regardless of what I had it set at prior or what the volume is set at on my phone itself.
It never used to be this bad, so a big shout out to the genius that broke it. I hope the payoff from the ads is worth the drop in ratings on the app and decrease in users of the app
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.