WLTX for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download this app to stay up-to-date with local news, weather for Columbia, SC area with the WLTX iPad app. **You can now use this app to watch live streaming of scheduled broadcasts in high definition on your iPad. **
- Traffic Incident data map will keep you informed of all incidents and accidents in your area
- Current weather conditions, short term and extended forecasts, radar map, health indices, school closings and weather alerts will keep you informed of the conditions at your immediate location
- Never miss out on robust full screen video clips from your favorite local station
- Transform your iPad and use the automatic desk-clock to keep up with current weather conditions and headlines even when you are not interacting with your iPad. Adjust brightness and contrast of the photos to make it visually appealing to your preference, when using desk clock.
- Choose to set up multiple alarms from the app at different times and label them accordingly; set up the alarm clock to repeat alarms, choose the sound that is most appealing to you and select the right snooze time required to wake you up
- Follow your local and national teams in Sports section with up to the minute scores and special team reports
- Set your app to receive alerts of your choice for e.g. breaking news or weather related events only. Don’t want to receive alerts? You can opt to turn off the alerts with an option to set a quiet time period
- Interact with your social media contacts by sharing news articles and video clips with your Facebook, Twitter or email contacts directly from the app
WLTX is determined to provide the best local content possible in a way that serves the interests and the needs of our viewers and users
What's New in Version 1.2.0
- We now have traffic information in your app that will help you plan your commute any time of the day
- Improved weather map design
I want to love this app
I am a big fan of WLTX news. They provide excellent coverage of news in our area. The iPhone app is stable and I use it often. The iPad app, however, crashes so often it cannot be used. So far, I have submitted two support requests - one to the IT director at the station and one to the support email provided in the app - both have, as yet, gone unanswered. Don't waste your time with this app until they get it fixed.
Blows WIS out of the water!
I especially love the weather map with the time lapse radar.
I have an iPad 3 with all iOS updates.
Slow to update. Sports updates are almost never and don't cover much on sports.