Take the WMUR News 9 app with you everywhere you go and be the first to know of breaking news happening in Manchester and the surrounding area. Always stay up to date with the latest local news, national, sports, traffic, political, entertainment stories and much more. Download the WMUR News 9 app for free today.
Our Local News, Weather and Sports App Features Include:
- Manchester breaking news alerts with push notifications
- Live streaming breaking news updates from our WMUR News 9 reporters when it happens, where it happens
- Local news submission area for breaking news, news tips and the ability to email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom to be featured on air
- Share stories via email or your social media pages
- Up to date, current local weather conditions, hourly Manchester weather updates, and 7 day forecasts
- An interactive radar that lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity
- Manchester weather alerts and updates, Storm Watch 9 weather videocasts and more
Simple bug fixes, security updates and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Ads are out of control. Hard to search for things.
I love the weather and news headlines on the WMUR app, but the amount of ads and pop ups are over the top. What I’d like to see is more information. Not just a headline, but a transcript of the story underneath. We can’t always watch videos while we’re checking the news. Also, more than once, there was an ad in the middle of the story that appeared to be a photo about the story. I’m sure the model in the ad appreciates being plopped into the middle of a news story about a woman arrested or something. Make it easier to search. Organize the ads (if you can’t cut down on the numbers) and keep giving us the more news.
Extremely frustrating. Most every single news video is tied to an advertising video. Why so many ads? Most ads are 30 seconds. If the 30 minutes news boadcadt has an ad between every story, people would be really annoyed. The app should be the same. Every 3 news stories watched gets an ad. Furthermore, more than 1/2 the advertising videos freeze before you get to the real video you want so you need to reload and watch the ad again! If you're lucky to get the video... about 1/2 the time the news videos you can watch end up freezing and then you watch another ad before getting back to the news video. Ridiculous.
Waisted of time
The news sections are not updated daily, you’ll see the same story/video posted for a week at a time. The news posts have incomplete sentences, misspelled words and most are only a few sentences which makes most of the stories lack in content. The network has this obsession with some how connecting/linking every news story in America to NH in some way. There was recently an update and it made things much worse, as if it wasn’t bad enough that Every video has a 30 second ad, now there is an ad that plays in the background, this has made it to the point that I’ve deleted the app.
- Hearst Television
- 109 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018, Hearst Properties Inc. on behalf of WMUR-TV
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.