With 35 billion messages sent to date, Nearby is one of the most popular apps for meeting new people. If you’re here to meet people, expand your social network, meetup with locals while you’re traveling, explore your city with new friends, or just be more spontaneous in life, you’ve found the right app.
This is a long overdue update to add support for the latest devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Very fun and addicting app. Each post and comment earns you points that you can use to buy gifts for your friends. You can talk to people from all over the world and those that are close by. Mods stay on to make sure everything is under control and users are more than happy to help with question. One user in particular loves casual messages with anyone that messages her. Jessica No Likey Dic loves random chat encounters from all guys though her name makes you think she doesn't. She uses that to see which guys are brave enough to talk to her and those who do never complain of the talks they have. This is definitely a must have app and she is definitely a user to hit up. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.
App is behind
If you are stuck on the "Determining Location" screen, make sure your location services are turned on for the app. It won't work without it. Once inside it's a pretty basic app, with a world feed and messenger. I've made more than a few friends on this app, but the iOS version is by far the worst. You have to copy and paste emojis to use them in chat, you cannot send points or gifts. You cannot report or delete posts. And you have to scroll back to the top to move between the world feed and your watched posts. Over all, the app is awful. Giving five stars so my review will show at the top.
Best for finding friends and something more
Absolutely awesome. The regulars are great, if you are in vegas and want to party you must meet up with 702. Watch out for Dante I hear he's investing in a candy van, or maybe just going to write on the side walk. Make sure you read profiles before you go messaging perv stuff otherwise you could land yourself on "To Catch A Creeper" on the feed. In other words be polite to the ladies. Oh and all you closet boys loving boys you want to hit ups Zer0 *StFu0g0* for sure, he is the very dominant type. I used to spend my days on Facebook, now I rarely go there and spend my days on the feed on WNM.
- SynergeTech Solutions, Inc
- 32.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Social Foundry, LLC
Family SharingWith Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.