Taking multivariable calculus? Then you need the Wolfram Multivariable Calculus Course Assistant. This definitive app for multivariable calculus—from the world leader in math software—will help you work through your homework problems, ace your tests, and learn calculus concepts. Forget canned examples! The Wolfram Multivariable Calculus Course Assistant solves your specific multivariable problems on the fly, providing step-by-step guidance for limits, derivatives, integrals, and much more.
This app covers the following topics applicable to Multivariable Calculus, Advanced Calculus, and Vector Calculus:
- Evaluate any numeric expression, or substitute a value for a variable
- Plot 2D or 3D functions of your choice
- Determine the limit of a function as it approaches a specific value or values
- Differentiate any single or multivariable function
- Find the critical points and saddle points of a function
- Calculate the gradient of a function
- Identify the local extrema of a function
- Find the single, double, or triple integral of a function
- Determine the dot or cross product of two vectors
- Calculate the divergence or curl of a vector field
The Wolfram Multivariable Calculus Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Confusing set up and doesn't show steps
I bought this app to help with the final sections of my calc 3 class, since wolfram alpha seems to have a hard time understanding what I am trying to input. The entry slots are a little confusing especially on the divergence theorem. Also, I bought this app to help me understand the steps on how to solve for the answer and this product only gives the answer, which isn't very helpful considering the only thing I'm allowed to use on a test is my brain. Could be usefully for online homework but that is about all I would use it for.
App is great, but glitchy
I bought this app to help me with simple Calc 3 graphing and vectors etc. It really is a great app, but I wish it would plot simple points and vectors in 3-space. Instead you can only graph more complex equations. The app recently began to get glitchy on my iPad. I open it, and it won't let me select anything, it froze. I turned off my iPad and completely closed out of the app, and it still isn't working. But when it does work, it's vey helpful.
This app is so unbelievably slow on my iPhone 3G iOS4.2.1. It takes like a full 2 seconds between when I type a single symbol and when it shows up.
Also, this app simply connects you to the wolfram server, so you still need an internet connection. Considering this, $5 is a bit much when you can just use their website for free.
- Wolfram Group LLC
- 15.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017, Wolfram Alpha, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.