Wolfram Multivariable Calculus Course Assistant
By Wolfram Group LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Taking multivariable calculus? Then you need the Wolfram Multivariable Calculus Course Assistant. This definitive app for multivariable calculus—from the world leader in math software—will help you work through your homework problems, ace your tests, and learn calculus concepts. Forget canned examples! The Wolfram Multivariable Calculus Course Assistant solves your specific multivariable problems on the fly, providing step-by-step guidance for limits, derivatives, integrals, and much more.
This app covers the following topics applicable to Multivariable Calculus, Advanced Calculus, and Vector Calculus:
- Evaluate any numeric expression, or substitute a value for a variable
- Plot 2D or 3D functions of your choice
- Determine the limit of a function as it approaches a specific value or values
- Differentiate any single or multivariable function
- Find the critical points and saddle points of a function
- Calculate the gradient of a function
- Identify the local extrema of a function
- Find the single, double, or triple integral of a function
- Determine the dot or cross product of two vectors
- Calculate the divergence or curl of a vector field
The Wolfram Multivariable Calculus Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Significant design updates, bug fixes
Missing a few key features
The app should include plots of vector fields. Also the limit activity should include a 3d plot and contour plot of the function to help students see the relationships between the plots and the limits. There are a lot of good features in this app, but it could definitely be improved.
This is awesome application. Just need new more updates.
I am taking Multivariable Calculus course in this summer semester.
No Spherical or Cylindrical Support. Furthermore it does not always work with more advanced triple integrals.
Lastly be aware that while the user can make manual conversions to spherical or cylindrical it will not always produce a correct integral or even interpret it, especially if your attempting a work around for sphereical
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 07, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 15.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wolfram Group LLC
- © 2015, Wolfram Alpha, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.