PLEASE NOTE: This app requires a Wonder Workshop robot - Dash or Dot - and a Bluetooth Smart/4.0/LE-enabled device to play. To find out more, please visit our website: https://www.makewonder.com or an Apple Store (US, Canada). This app is FREE to play.
Wonder makes robotics as delightful as finger painting. With a picture-based language and guided challenges, Wonder is the first coding tool that lets kids ages 8 and up have fun with robotics all on their own.
This app comes packed with over 50 challenges that will teach you how to code with Wonder, and you’ll be coding up a storm in no time. Travel through the African Grasslands, the Arctic Wilderness, and even Outer Space in your coding adventures to uncover new ideas for your robots. Turn Dot into a trumpet, a Pong arcade, or a desert race drifter. Dash is a real robot that comes with you on all your adventures! Transform Dash into a ferocious lion, dodge asteroids together in outer space, play a game of Marco Polo together, and much more.
When you and your robot are ready, start creating your own inventions. Once you’re done coding, put your iPhone or iPad away and your robot will remember your code. Wonder is the coding canvas that gives you the joy of creativity as you bring Dash and Dot to life. Roll up your sleeves, and push the boundaries of what is possible.
For ages 8 and up.
As seen on the New York Times, USA TODAY, WIRED, Engadget, BBC, and more.
“Thoroughly absorbing.” - New York Times
“Both kids begged me to take out the robots and start playing with them again.” - Business Insider
“Wonder Workshop's notion that kids need to learn twenty-first century skills (and can have fun doing it) flips the industry paradigm on its head, putting kids first.” - James Oppenheim
"They are designed to encourage kids to explore and be curious while also learning problem solving." - VentureBeat
HOW TO PLAY
- Connect Dash or Dot to the Wonder app using Bluetooth Smart/4
- Update your robots! This app brings new sounds, personalities, and abilities to your robots. There’s a lot for your robots to learn, so the update may take up to 10 minutes. Next time you turn your robot on, it will have a whole new personality!
- Venture on the Scroll Quest to complete challenges that will guide you on how to play and give you fun ideas for your robots. Start with Dash or Dot - there is a set of challenges for every kind of bot.
- Try the Free Play mode to create your own inventions for Dash and Dot.
- Transform Dash and Dot. Once you’re done coding, you can transfer your code to Dash or Dot. Next time you turn on your robot, it will run your code without being connected to an iPad or iPhone.
If you have any questions or suggestions, we would love to hear from you! Contact us at any time at https://help.makewonder.com.
ABOUT WONDER WORKSHOP
Wonder Workshop, an award-winning creator of educational toys and applications for children, was founded in 2012 by three parents on a mission to make learning to code meaningful and fun for children. Through open-ended play and learning experiences, we hope to instill a sense of wonder while helping kids develop their creative problem solving skills. We play test with children throughout our product and app development process to make sure our experiences are frustration free and fun.
Terms of Service:
This release adds support for Spanish, French, and Traditional Chinese.
This release also includes improvements for Dash’s IR sensor, allowing Dash to see other Dash and Dot robots when they are farther away.
This update brought to you with love by the Wonder Workshop team.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome with a suggestion
I love the program and how easy it is for kids to understand. It would be better if it was a user system that you could have multiple users using the same robots. That way I can have multiple children working with the same robots and not skip ahead because the older children went faster. Other than that it has been great so far.
My daughter loves it, until we got to Dragon Reach - Thrill Ride. The command to "go backward" when fulfilling a sequence doesn't work. I even tried to do it during free play with no luck. I'm not sure if this is just me, but it should be easy since it is the first step in the series and I am doing exactly what the hint tells you to do. Other than being stuck there, my daughter loves it
Kids are learning a lot and having fun but... when the app is open, I’m unable to close out of any stage of the app without completely shutting off my phone. Any suggestions?
Developer Response ,
Always make sure you have the newest version of the app installed on your device. You can also try turning off your device completely and turning it back on. You can also reach out to email@example.com if you need further assistance.
- WONDER WORKSHOP, INC.
- 398.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, German, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 WonderWorkshop
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.