WOOD TV8 - Grand Rapids News and Weather
By LIN Television Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience the brand new WOOD TV8 app. Get more news, more weather and more video. It's everything you love about 24 Hour News 8 right at your fingertips.
WOODTV provides the latest news, sports, weather and traffic coverage for Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Holland, Michigan.
- Navigate easily through local news and information that's important to you
- Stay informed of breaking news with 24 Hour News 8 alerts
- View local news videos embedded within stories or at full screen
- Understand how weather will affect you with local forecasts, radar, maps and video
- Stay up-to-date on school closings and severe weather
- Help shape local coverage by submitting photos and news tips through Report It
- Easily share interesting articles via e-mail, Facebook(R) and Twitter(TM)
What's New in Version 5.17.3
- New ways to get push notifications based on your favorite locations
- New Message Center shows you the recent push notifications
- Added radar to the main weather page
- New live video player for better performance
- Various fixes for iPad bugs
Time for a change
Wood TV has always been a good source for news. However, lately it seems it has been nothing but a site for commercials. It's annoying to open the app to catch up on the news in a quiet waiting room only to have commercials start playing loudly ....or to be watching a video only to have another ad pop up while you are watching and then restart the video and have to rewatch the same ad in before viewing the video you were previously watching. Other pop ups want you to install crazy games apps I can honestly say that the way the ads are placed and shown in the wood tv app make me not want to support the advertiser. I know you needs ads/sponsors. Put the ads off to the side with no video or interruptions and I'm more likely to support these companies for the simple fact of not having the ad placement the way it is now. Keep news the news and put your sponsors in a designated part of the screen. These annoying ads make me annoyed with the company being advertised. I would support companies that give me a pop-up free, audio free, video ad free experience on the app. Maybe it's a scrolling banner at the bottom of the screen. Lose the pop-ups, audio ads, install more app ads and video ads! Give us a great news source and tell us the names of the companies (no frills) that give us this excellent news source. I think this would be better for wood tv and for companies that sponsor your app.
This is my least favorite news app. I got accustomed to making sure that I muted my device before I open this app so that I don't wake up everyone in the house with the obnoxious ads. Yesterday, when I tried to look at photos of the recent storm, I was "allowed" to see 5 photos before it required me to download one of several free games!!?!! I could not see the rest of the photos unless I "supported" them by downloading a free game...sorry, the ads were bad enough, but don't tell me what to put on my device! I wonder if the advertisers on this app know how much we detest it? Avoid this app!!!
WOOD TV8 App
New version updated last week. App has been crashing quite a bit; especially with weather
Crashes when I view the interactive radar. WoodTV8 app is the one app I have that crashes the most. I should learn to open online or just go to another TV station with an app that has stability.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 30, 2016
- Version: 5.17.3
- Size: 30.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: LIN Television Corporation
- © Media General
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.