Celebrating FIVE years on the App Store with more levels, Game Center support and a cool iOS7 mode!
Apple Design Awards 2009 winner in student category!
"Pick of the week"
Featured in the O'Reilly's book:
"Best iPhone Apps: A Guide for Discriminating Downloaders"
"Pick of the Week" Rating: A
"A very well polished version of labyrinth"
"Instantly after jumping the first time I wondered why the original Labyrinth game on the iPhone didn’t have this. Brilliantly simple." Rating: 5 out of 5
Wooden Labyrinth 3D is the premium "marble in a maze" experience on the iOS. The goal of the game is simple - guide the metal ball to the end by tilting your device. However, WL3D mixes it up with some challenging obstacles - holes and walls - you must maneuver around or even jump over. Now with unlockable marble types, you can take on the levels with a stylish golden marble, or even a gliding ice cube! The addition of Game Center achievements and leaderboards allows your to test your skill globally!
Wooden Labyrinth 3D is a polished package that combines high quality presentation with spot-on playability and abundant content. You get 190 custom crafted levels with challenge times on top of the near infinite auto-generated levels with customizable difficulty. If you still crave for more, you can make your own levels with the online level editor - or download some of the hundreds of levels created by the community. Suffice to say that with the high degree of customization - to cater to everyone from the beginner to the pro - and the sheer volume of levels and challenges, your addiction to the game may last for quite a while. Join the over five million people who have already experienced Wooden Labyrinth 3D.
Level editor: http://qvik.fi/leveleditor
Some of the best user created level packs so far include IDs: 101, 109, 120, 122, 144, 145, 156, 188, 184, 216 and 245 (that's already over one hundred new levels!)
- Realistic 3D graphics with a tilt based perspective change (option)
- Support for online level editor! (http://qvik.fi/leveleditor)
- Game Center achievements and leaderboards
- iOS7 mode for flat enthusiasts
- Jump enabled physics (Box2D.org)
- Unlockable marble types. (even a square one!)
- Endless mode - infinite amount of auto-generated levels
- 190 custom mazes with records and challenge times
- Friction and sensitivity options to modify the experience
- Original music is back as an option! (Toggle music on/off to switch between songs)
- Tap jump works from the edges
- Minor improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Nice look and gameplay...poor, buggy design
The look of this app is great, and the gameplay is pretty accurate and challenging. However, I have 3 major problems with this app that really affect my ability to enjoy it compared to other labyrinth apps.
1) The calibrate feature. This app just tells you to hold your device like you would during gameplay and hit "Calibrate." Other apps have a bubble level that let you be sure you are holding your phone perfectly level before you calibrate it.
2) The app keeps "losing games." I'll close the app and reopen it, only to find that there are no records that I completed certain games. I'll have completed an entire level, with stars and all, but when I return to the app, only certain games are shown as completed. Definitely a bug that needs fixing.
3) The "opening titles" for each level are annoying. They take forever to go away, while the ball (and I presume the clock) have already started rolling in the meantime. They obstruct the view of the playing area, and if you tap the screen to make them go away faster, you run the risk of "jumping" your ball into a hole on a jump-enabled level. It's a poorly-designed feature that is more annoying than useful. They should shorten the duration of the titles, freeze the game until the titles go away, and offer the option to tap them away and THEN begin the game.
Old music is back!
The puzzles are great, but what I loved most about this app was actually the great acoustic guitar pieces that would play as you were getting through levels. It's had been replaced by some terrible whistle song. After looking through the app details is appears by toggling the music off and then back on in settings, it changes the music back!! So happy!!!! Great app!!!!!
Download at your own risk!
I was stuck on the app for 5 minutes to no avail! Neither my home nor power button would allow me to exit. Same thing happened to my friend. I gave it 2 stars because it was fun while I had it. Needs a major fix!
- Elias Pietila
- 35.6 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009 Elias Pietilä
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Full Version $0.99
- Remove ads $0.99
- Unlock all ball types $0.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.