From Wooly Beast Software, LLC, developers of "Time Saving and Time Expending" applications and games for the iOS, comes Wooly Wind Chill, the Wind Chill Calculator.
Calculate wind chill temperature by simply selecting the air temperature and wind speed using the familiar "jog wheel". The calculated wind chill temperature is displayed "on the fly".
Temperatures may be displayed as either Celsius or Fahrenheit, and wind speeds as Miles Per Hour (mph), Kilometers Per Hour (kph), or for the nautical types, Knots (kn).
For those who travel by bike, motorcycle, boat, or other means where you find yourself exposed to the elements while in motion, calculate the approximate effective wind chill based your current moving speed (not factoring for actual wind speeds).
Best results are obtained on an iPhone with built in GPS support. Accuracy and reliability on other iOS devices lacking a GPS are not guaranteed.
* Fixes Ground Speed feature failing to work more with recent versions of iOS. Overall better handling of determining current ground speed in a variety of conditions.
* Supports new 4" iPhone screens.
* Simplified UI. Moved Ground Speed On/Off to flip side settings view.
* Added swipe gesture to Wind Chill display container to present settings, and while using Ground Speed feature, to Jog Wheel container to present map of current location.
* Various bug fixes and performance tweaks.
* Update icon and graphics throughout.
* Removed upgrade button. Users may purchase and download the ad-free version from the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is intuitive and has a very easy to use interface. It's also surprisingly limited. Ambient temperature selection ends at 10c/50f but wind chill is a factor, even up to 27c/80f. Just make the range bigger.
The temp never changes - always says 32° F. Can't figure it out. Good thing it's free. Goodbye.
This is a great App! I find having it on my iPhone very useful. Thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.