"The Word Among Us" is the largest daily devotional for Catholics (print & digital editions available). Beautifully designed for iPad and iPhone, The Word Among Us app is free to download and offers a 2 week free trial subscription.
THE WORD AMONG US iOS APP INCLUDES
• Mass readings for everyday of the year (The New American Bible).
• Daily meditations based on Mass readings.
• Complete Order of Mass (ICEL).
• Issue articles based on a central theme.
• Special Features including articles on the Saints and personal testimonies.
• Digital Exclusives (additional content not found in the printed edition).
• Single page portrait and beautiful two page book-like landscape viewing on iPad.
Liturgical source: United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (The New American Bible) & ICEL.
• Apple iTunes Digital Subscriptions (monthly or annual) are available via in-app purchase.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Apple iTunes Digital Subscriptions automatically renew. If auto-renew is not turned off, your iTunes account will be charged within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period.
• You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings (Accessible within iTunes or from the “Support” section of our app).
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when a subscription is purchased.
Terms of Service: wau.org/termsofservice
ABOUT THE WORD AMONG US
Founded in 1981, "The Word Among Us” is now the largest daily devotional for Catholics.
Includes the daily Scripture readings from Mass with a meditation (based on one of the readings) for every day of the year, the complete Order of the Mass, articles about the Saints, and practical advice on living the Christian life. Printed and digital editions are available.
For more: wau.org/about
iPhone Xs Max Optimization.
Ratings & Reviews Integration.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent content. Excellent app!
For us, this is the best way to read The Word Among Us everyday - so much so we cancelled our print subscription. Using the app, I can quickly locate and read the mass readings and corresponding meditation and launch into prayer everyday, from anywhere. It’s great that the app automatically downloads the latest daily readings in the background so that even if I don’t have a data connection at the moment, the readings are always there for me.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for reviewing our app!
I was skeptical because in the past the content was a big wobbly. But, during Lent, I am enjoying the readings from the lectionary and the daily meditations. The other content is decent, too. And of course, there is the Mass content.
So far, no global warming or interfaith folderol.
The production values of the app ate high, and a faithful electronic version of the printed magazine. Easy to navigate.
Low light feature
I love this app, however it would be greatly improved just by adding a low light (invert colors) feature
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review and the suggestion. We are delighted to hear that you love the app! This is the first request we've received to invert the colors from within the app. iOS 11 offers the "Smart Invert" option by triple clicking the home button and selecting that option from the list that appears. "Smart Invert" is also accessible with in "Settings". While maybe not the perfect solution, perhaps this will help. iOS also offers "Night Shift" which allows users to automatically shift display colors to the "warmer end of the spectrum" as desired. Personally, I like this feature quite a bit for late night and early morning reading. Hope this helps!
- The Word Among Us, Inc.
- 32.1 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 The Word Among Us
- In-App Purchases
- The Word Among Us (Monthly) $1.99
- The Word Among Us (Annual) $22.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.