"Word Family Sorts HD" is the next step after a child has mastered blending letter sounds using the "Sound Sort Blends" game. In this fun educational game, the child matches the pictures to the words shown on top and bottom of screen.
* Developed by a kindergarten teacher who is a certified reading recovery specialist.
* Easy to learn educational game for children ages 3-6.
* Game helps children build pre-reading skills.
* Child needs to master blending letter sounds using "Sound Sort Blends" game.
* Child will match pictures to word family sets.
* Skills learned helps associate word family sets.
* All game play levels are saved so child can easily resume play.
* Create up to ten user names in menu. User names can be deleted at any time.
* Twenty challenging levels with eight words and images to match for each level.
* Game designed for iPad, because of larger screen, but may play on iPhone(s).
* Independent fun activity for kids to learn & play!
Note: NO audio help provided as this app is designed as an "independent" learning activity!
Update app icons, background image, start up play instructions.
Ratings and Reviews
How do I reach John Kim and re developmental team for a refund please? Completely not as expected. Thanks.
Word Family Sorts
I teach kindergarten and am a certified reading specialist in "Reading Recovery". I find this app very useful with students in my class to help them learn the vowel associations of word families, c-at, b-at, t-ag, b-ag. I think using all the "Sorts" series of apps helps students develop skills in developmental reading. I would highly recommend this app for teachers, parents, pre-school, special ed, and EL students. Even adults learning English can use this to build their reading skills. Great visuals, easy to use and my kids love the cute match game at the end!
Not a great app
My kids didn't care for this app. No sound to tell them what the word family is. It would be better if the word families were separated, but they are mixed with other word families. Paid for an app that I had to sit there and help with the sounds of the word families and in 30 minutes they completed the levels and it was done. I wouldn't recommend this as a teaching app. I suppose in a classroom where the word families had been already learned and this was just for reinforcement it would be good but not for learning the word families.
- John Kim
- 21.5 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2012 Apps4Kinder, Silvana Macri, All Rights Reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.