Welcome to Word Genius! Solve your way through challenging clueless crossword puzzles, a unique new twist on the crossword puzzle, and unlock new themed levels!
Embark on a brain teasing journey: beat levels by filling in missing letters, uncover Curious Cards, explore new areas of knowledge, from animals to '80s music to the Renaissance. You even get help from in-game geniuses, such as Pythagoras and Julia Child! What are you waiting for? Open your brain to Word Genius.
Word Genius is the newest puzzle game created by Curious, the creator of the Curious app, the original game of lifelong learning.
- Hundreds of puzzles for hours of enjoyment and learning
- Daily bonus puzzles and rewards
- Hints to help you solve the most difficult puzzles
- Earn fun and educational Curious Cards as you complete each level
- No time limit on puzzles - enjoy the game for any time, anywhere
Word Genius is free to play, though some in-game items can also be purchased for real money. If you don't want to use this option, simply turn it off in your device's "Restrictions" menu.
- Two new levels: NBA and Rom-Coms!
We love feedback! If you are having fun with Word Genius, please leave a review. You can also send us feedback directly at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and Reviews
Clever and fun
Addition ... The “factoids” offered at the end of each game are terrific. Even for someone addicted to little obscure facts, these are a rare treat.
Enjoying this game enormously. But can’t seem to find details on how things work ... I’ve learned by trial and error, which has cost me coins.
I’d suggest a little more generosity with those coins. How about a few coins reward at the end of each level. Or a surprise bonus for a particularly difficult word. When I exhaust my coins, I’ll probably move on ... don’t want to fall into the “purchase” trap. But meanwhile, it’s one of the best word games out there. Thumbs up!
Update ... I’ve completed all the puzzles and eagerly await the new ones each week. I now rarely need coins and make sure I do the daily puzzle for 20 coins ( if you don’t miss a day ). I learned to never “ buy my way out” of a puzzle because you only get to move ahead one time and then have to go back to finish the one you paid a penalty to get out of. Don’t ever do that. Just pay for a couple of hints. And never use “sprinkle” ... a total waste. Choose “vowels” instead.
The puzzles are brilliantly constructed with related terms and associations positioned adjacent to each other in the puzzle. Best online game ever! 👍👍👍👍👍
Challenging word play
A real challenge. My only critique is that once one is stuck there is no avenue forward. Don’t get me wrong, there are some tile checks and “factoids” embedded in the puzzle, and one can earn bonus cards (like fee vowel placement, free placement of several letter, etc) but some could use a tiny bit more introduction / hint at the subcategory.... BUT, I say this probably because I am currently stuck. One either solves the puzzle, Googles like mad and waits a couple days for inspiration, or one quits. So far the first two and not the latter. Frankly, this is the most fun and challenge I have had with word puzzles, and I am normally not a crossword fan. Try it, no really try it and you will like it.
Developer Response ,
Wise owl says: Don't forget to build the new Daily Puzzle Streak every day - you'll earn lots of extra coins which you can use on Genius Cards (my favorites are the Visionaries!) to get unstuck!
Game is addictive and a learning tool
I enjoy this game a lot! Beware that the “reveal theme” button is in a bad spot if you “rest” your thumb during play - you may accidentally hit it which will cost you 25 coins. I would suggest making it perhaps a genius card. Game is fun, and it’s always nice learning new things. Great concept, and my husband and I play as a team sometimes. Could be great family fun. I’m only giving four stars because you can’t move on until you pass each category or keep buying new ones. Some can be very difficult, so you’re stuck. Maybe you could be given three free “pass” cards and then option to buy them with coins. Customer service is awesome!
Developer Response ,
Wise owl says: I have fat talons, too - that happens to me sometimes. Send a feedback email from the Word Genius settings screen and we'll get you squared away!
- Curious.com, Inc
- 235.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Curious.com, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Coin Pack $0.99
- Coin Pack $4.99
- Coin Pack $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.