Word Jewels® 2 - Fun and Addictive Wordsearch Crossword Game that Builds Vocabulary!
By Boy Howdy Technology LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Terribly addicting! ••••• I have refused for years to ever get into a single game app, and it was always easy until I found Word Jewels. So fun, so quick, I can't say enough about how much I enjoy the game!" --Jordan SC
Word Jewels® 2 is SUPER FUN and 100% FREE!
••••• "This is such an addicting game. I absolutely love it!!!!!!" --hb9202010
••••• "Love this game on my phone for all those 'waiting' times in life." --NannerBanner
••••• "I absolutely love Word Jewels. I hope to keep playing this game for a long time. It is never boring. Thanks for making it free!" --2011bulldog
••••• "I like word games with friends, but get tired of the timed ones. It's really relaxing to take your time and strategize without racing the timer. And with a choice of five games I can play different ones and switch back and forth" --Jllew333
EASY TO LEARN AND PLAY!
• One-minute tutorial that teaches you how to play!
• Make words in any direction with just a swipe!
• Your goal is to make words that use up all the red jewels, but you only get a few "moves" each level to make words… You can do it!
FIVE GAME MODES TO SUIT YOUR MOOD!
• Want classic Word Jewels word-finding, that's even better? Try Classic Mode!
• Do you love making it to high levels, but get frustrated when you get snookered by a Z in the corner and have to start over? Try Endless Mode!
• Want a super-hard challenge that's not for the faint of heart? Try Challenge Mode!
• Got ten minutes? Try Rally Mode to play ten levels of patterned jewels that are just like the multiplayer game Word Rally, but solo!
• Or try Blitz Mode! In just one level, how high can you score? Use the multiplier jewels and see how high you can get! Bet you can't just play it once…
RELAX WHILE YOU SHARPEN YOUR MIND!
• No timers, so take your time and find the best words
• Beautiful graphics and animation
• Relaxing sound effects
• Listen to your iPod music while playing
GO FOR A HIGH SCORE!
• Score summary shows you how well you did
• Compare your scores with the world using Game Center (iOS4/5 devices)
• Post your scores to Facebook and Twitter to challenge far away friends
• Huge English dictionary included to verify words even while not connected to the internet!
(Word Jewels uses the YAWL word list, which has 264,097 words! Valid words must be 3 letters long and NOT be proper nouns, as is typical for most every word game.)
• Automagic letter balancing, to help from getting trapped with a big ol' pile of consonants with no vowels, or with too many duplicates of the same letter in a group!
• Magic auto-save - go ahead and quit the game, take a phone call, send a text - when you come back, your game will be waiting for you! Works on both old and new iThings!
• 54 Game Center Achievements to earn!
Thanks for playing Word Jewels!
Come see us at http://boyhowdytechnology.com
WORD JEWELS is a registered trademark of Boy Howdy Technology LLC.
What's New in Version 1.10
• Updated for the latest iOS
Thanks for playing!
Search for "Boy Howdy" to see all our free games!
Terrific but could be tweaked
This is my favorite word game, and I've tried lots of them. I'm amazed at the obscure words that often materialize when I'm just hopping around on letters. Sometimes, though, when I'm going for a longer word I feel cheated when a shorter
word pops up - for example: I want "skiing" and I only get credit for "ski" because that's a legit word in itself. I'd prefer to have to click a key to record the word I really want so I could try a series of letters without committing myself to the first word that may appear.
I'm not sure I'm expressing this mild "complaint" clearly but sometimes a potentially
really impressive word is pruned down to a very simple word. But it obviously isn't a big problem because I've been playing the endless version for well over a year. Hats off to Howdy Games!
GREAT NEW GAME!
My wife and I are both happy to have found this app! After years of Tetris, a hundred kinds of Solitaire, and various updates on Bejeweled, we've finally found our newest addiction. It's fun, and relaxing, not frustrating. There are five variations of the game included, so I'm sure it will have staying power. Thanks for sharing.
Relaxing Non-competitive Fun
Play as slowly as you like. Just look for words. When you lose, just start over, no big whoop. Ads are small and at the bottom, and since ther's no timer on the game, a tiny distraction isn't problematic. I even clicked on one or two on purpose.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 17, 2014
- Version: 1.10
- Size: 24.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Boy Howdy Technology LLC
- © Boy Howdy Technology LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.