By National Council of Teachers of English
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ReadWriteThink's Word Mover mobile app is used to supplement classroom instruction, reinforce concepts taught in class, and offer increased student engagement through the use of tablet devices and their associated functionality.
Word Mover allows children and teens to create "found poetry" by choosing from word banks and existing famous works; additionally, users can add new words to create a piece of poetry by moving/manipulating the text.
- Multi-user poem storage
- User management with the ability to delete or restore within 2 weeks
- 6 poem categories, each with the ability to personalize
- 12 backgrounds for stylizing poems
- Helpful how-to information available throughout app
- Auto-saving of poems as they are created
- Viewing of finished poem for proofreading
- Ability to save poem to photos
- Ability to print poem on a wireless printer
- Ability to send poem by e-mail
Word Mover is an educational app for all ages that adds creativity and fun to the learning process. If you have ideas for educational uses for this app in school or at home, please share with us in the customer reviews.
Privacy: Your poems are private unless you decide to share them by e-mail. ReadWriteThink.org does not store any personal information from this app.
What's New in Version 1.2
Improving iPad 1 compatibility
There's a glitch that if you make word to big the text disappear
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 11, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 46.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- © 2012 National Council of Teachers of English
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.