Lewis Carroll posed the “doublet” puzzle in 1879. How do you go from APE to MAN? APE -> APT -> OPT -> OAT -> MAT -> MAN. “Doublet” booklets of puzzles were soon published and they became an immediate hit. But they had one problem: the number of puzzles were limited. Word Stairs by Inari Games doesn’t have that problem. With literally tens of thousands of puzzles (all of which have a solution) of varying complexity, we guarantee you’ll never run out of puzzles to play.
How do you from PICK to HALE? PICK -> SICK -> SILK -> SILT -> HILT -> HOLT -> HOLE -> HALE. Hmm, could we find a shorter one? Yup, you bet. We don’t need to take a detour from HILT to HOLT and HOLE, when a more direct route is available via HALT. So how about? PICK -> SICK -> SILK -> SILT -> HILT -> HALT -> HALE? Can we find an even shorter one? Yup, you bet. It involves PACKing your lemons to take to the PARK and PARE the peels off them to feed to the HAREs that are HALE and hearty. PICK -> PACK -> PARK -> PARE -> HARE -> HALE
Want to give your cerebrum a verbal workout? Improve your verbal dexterity? Try Word Stairs by Inari Games today!
1) A dictionary has been integrated. If you form a word for which you are curious about the meaning, just tap on the word! Did you know that
“lat” is a silver coin from Latvia?
2) An “Unlimited Time” option has been added. If you didn’t want to be bothered by the clock when trying to complete stairs, this option is for you!
3) You can now skip puzzles and move on.
4) Other minor bug fixes and enhancements.
- Inari Games LLC
- 106.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Inari Games LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Jar of 500 Inaris $0.99
- Jar of 2500 Inaris $2.99
- Jar of 1500 Inaris $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.