By Faster Than Monkeys
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** ON SALE *** 66% OFF! *** LIMITED TIME ***
More than just a word find game, Word Tumble combines the non-stop action of an arcade game with the mind bending challenge of a puzzle. Slide your finger across the letters in any direction to build words. As words are created and letters are used up, more letters come tumbling in. Race the clock, challenge your friends, beat your high scores.
Fast paced and addictive. Easy to learn, impossible to put down!
- TiPb.com Pick of the Week: "... the game is addictive!"
- apptudes.com: "... will delight lovers of lexicon regardless of skill level."
Six modes of play allow you to tailor Word Tumble to your style.
* Thirty Second, One Minute and Two Minute modes: Race the clock to beat your high score. Bonus time is given for words of 4 letters or more
* Fifty Tiles and Hundred Tile modes: Start with no time limit and try to achieve the highest score possible using only a fixed number of tiles. Clear all tiles, and receive a Bonus Board.
* Free Play mode: No time limit or tile limit - play until you can't find any more words. Great mode for completing achievements.
For an even greater challenge, complete achievements by finding groups of related words. The Achievements screen gives you a clue about the types of words in the list (Farm Animals or Deck of Cards for example). As achievements are completed, the graphic associated with the achievement is unlocked.
Each tile has a point value. These are added together as the base word value.
Multipliers are then applied as follows:
3 Letter Word - No Multiplier
4 Letter Word - x2
5 Letter Word - x4
6 Letter Word - x8
7 Letter Word - x16
8 Letter Word - x32
9 Letter Word - x64
10 or More - multiplier keeps doubling for each letter
Additional multipliers are applied for the number of diagonals in your word. 2 Diagonals = x2, 3 Diagonals = x3, etc.
Example: a 6 letter word with 3 diagonals would be worth:
(base value) x 8 x 3
For timed modes there are also time bonuses --- the longer the word, the more extra time is added.
Word Tumble also keeps complete detailed statistics of your game play to compare with family and friends (lists of all words you have found, Average Word Length, Total Words, Unique Words, counts by Word Length and more...).
Word Tumble will provide endless hours of brain twisting fun for the whole family.
What's New in Version 1.20
* Fixed the crash on startup on older devices
* Faster startup
* Optimized memory usage
* For those that want an even faster challenge, we have added a "30 Second" mode
* When game ends, now shows statistics summary of that game --- try and improve in any statistic category each game
* Will now auto-detect when there are no words left to spell instead of you having to Quit in 50 Tile, 100 Tile, or Free Play modes
* For iOS5 users - tap any words you have spelled in the word lists to get the definition of the word
* Minor bug fixes
Thank you very much for the great reviews! Please keep them coming and we will keep the updates coming as well.
Great! But could use some tweaks.
I truly like this game and play it whenever I have 5 minutes of down time. However, it could use some adjustments. It needs to be able to rotate to horizontal and not always be played in vertical. As was mentioned in other reviews, its timer needs to cut you off. I have no idea where you got the dictionary list, but some of the words are questionable at best. If we are using non English words, let us know what language is included...some of us do speak other languages. There needs to be a 'backup' finger motion to undo letters. These changes will earn another star from me.
NOT essential but would make this a killer app for me, head-to-head gaming using peer-to-peer Bluetooth. My wife and I travel a lot and we are always looking for games to play in the air. We both love word games and have this app. It would be nice to compete with the same letters and so on. This has the possibility of a five star game.
Timing of game doesn't work
The game runs great but my only issue is the time you choose for the game never ends the game. The game just keeps going and going. I had to quit the game and it had run for almost four minutes, yet I chose a 2 minute game. The game time really needs fixed.
*Updated* If the game time is supposed to be increased the better you do, where in the rules does it say that? If that's true, give me the option to turn it off. I'd rather play a game where the time is limited to what you choose. I don't the time to play a two minute game that ends up running for over an hour.
This is not only Addicting but educational. Like how the score is recorded. If I had to make one suggestion, and I do not think this would be hard to incorporate is that I would like to see a tally of the highest score of all the games played, as opposed just for each game. If you knew what your highest score was, you could better challenge yourself to score higher for each successive game.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 02, 2012
- Version: 1.20
- Size: 20.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese
- Seller: Faster Than Monkeys
- © (c) 2011, Faster Than Monkeys
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.