*** Featured on the iTunes Home Page, and in Reference and Education ***
Have you ever looked up a word, only to forget its meaning later?
Word Vault stores all the words you want to remember and helps you to internalize them. Mundane, exotic, functional, highfalutin: amass a cache of words you love, then learn them all.
We learn fastest with frequent exposure to new words. Use Word Vault as your regular dictionary app, and it will remind you to come back and review the words you've looked up. Reviews are quick, fun, and help you to get words out of your phone and into your brain.
- Robust offline English dictionary, and online lookup for esoteric words
- Vocabulary review system with a configurable schedule
- Images and Illustrations
- Translations (See note* below!)
- Auto-complete and spell-check suggestions
- Thesaurus functionality
- Customization of your word list with notes, sources, and favorites
- Example sentences
- URL support, so you can look up words from other apps:
If you'd like to get in touch for any reason, you can follow @chaoticgoodies on Twitter, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Psst, Educators: You can purchase Word Vault for students, teachers and administrators at a discount through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program!
*Translation functionality can be activated with a one-time in-app-purchase. Please note that translations are provided for the words looked up and not for definitions. Translations are provided via Microsoft Translator, which does not have a 100% accuracy rate, especially for isolated words without context. An upcoming update will include the ability to test translations in your language of choice before paying for the in-app-purchase, to help you better gauge the value of the functionality before paying.
Adjusted UI for iPhone X!
- Review reminders now work again. This took longer than expected to fix since I was barking up the wrong tree, and the first tree had snakes in it.
- Words in reviews are now appropriately redacted again.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App: Future Features
My only complaint (if you can really call it that) is that the export feature only includes notes and not the actual word definition-which, to me, is why I want to back up my words in the first place. Other than that, it still offers the ability to save your word to a list, the design is beautiful, the notes and resources section are killer (maybe categories in the future), and the overall experience is super rewarding.
Perfect app for quickly capturing and learning new words. Word Vault’s Review feature is also a great way to commit those words—and their definitions—to memory. Word Vault also includes the ability to listen to pronunciations. The developer does a terrific job adding new features and keeping the app updated.
Great tool for expanding my vocabulary
I keep coming back to Word Vault as the best tool for helping me grow my vocabulary. I can add words of interest to me which I come across reading books or web articles, and I quiz myself occasionally to refresh my learning.
Haven't found any app which works as well for me.
- Chaotic Good LLP
- 175.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015 Chaotic Good, LLP
- In-App Purchases
- Enable Translations $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.