By Kevin Ng
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
✭ "WordCrasher is a hit! 5 out of 5" - appsmile.com ✭
The ultimate edition of the tactile word game, as featured on MacWorld, Wired and The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW).
Now enhanced for iPhone 5 and the new iPad!
More press reviews -----------------
"Word puzzles meet Tetris" - TUAW
"We have been hooked and can highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys word games." - SlideToPlay.com
"Add another word game to your list of must have apps! 5 out of 5" - slapapp.com
"One of the most well-made, entertaining, beautiful, and downright awesome word games I’ve ever played. 10/10" - Brickroll.com
"WordCrasher is my newest favorite word game" - iPhone Life
"WordCrasher for iPhone and iPod Touch comes highly recommended to word game enthusiasts everywhere. It is a visual delight and addictive in its play." - AppModo.com
As letters fall down and pile up on your screen, touch them to make words. Making long words and using rare letters is a risky strategy, but will score much higher. But watch out, if the letters reach the top of the screen it's Game Over!
• iPad, iPhone and iPod touch compatible, with Retina Display support
• Game Center leaderboards and achievements.
• Twitter enabled.
• Three gameplay modes - "Quick Game" joins the classic "Marathon" and the more difficult "Flood Panic", which introduces water and buoyancy into the mix!
• All new "Letter Score Multipliers" bring a whole new layer of strategy to your word play.
• All new "Word Master" level tracks your progress. Level up with each game you play.
• Realistic tactile physics. Letters bounce and roll around as they fall.
• The game tracks the size of your vocabulary. Enter new words and expand your repertoire to climb the worldwide vocabulary leaderboard.
• Over 190,000 words recognized, in US, UK and International English.
What's New in Version 1.3.0
Removed OpenFeint as the service is closing.
Game Center will now take care of all your achievements and top scores!
BEST WORD GAME ON MARKET
I've played them all... And most are good some are crappy and the rest... Well just are the rest. This game gives you hours (immediately after downloading I played for 4 hours straight, have never done that with any other game) Of jumping out of your seat fun!
Very simplistic and easy UI, mixed with awesome menu music that doesn't get boring or annoying. Music has a Nintendo wii feel.
All in all I'd give this game a 5/5 * rating.
It is fun, one can practice all the Scrabble words one ever learnt, one can make it quick or longer or more difficult and one does not need to spend oodles of money buying in-apps to be able to improve on the levels, so far at least.
Some differences from original.
I don't like that you have to delete the entire word if you want to correct it. Often times its just the last letter or so that needs to be changed. Can the game be changed to double tapping the letter deselects it? Or something? That would be such an improvement.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 19, 2012
- Version: 1.3.0
- Size: 26.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Ng
- © 2012 Kevin Ng
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove ads$2.99