Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** Birthday sale ***
On May 1st, we celebrate Wordify's 1st Birthday!
Join our party and download Wordify today for nearly half of its normal price.
Every picture tells your story.
Wordify turns images into beautiful typographic artwork. Using your words. And a bit of magic.
Designed for creative professionals. And for the rest of us.
Wordify produces high-quality, fully vectorized PDF output that allows you to further edit the result with professional tools like Adobe Photoshop™ or Adobe Illustrator™. Or to create stunning artwork with just a few clicks. And be done.
Full control. But without the complexity.
Do you know what an "edge threshold" is? Wordify does. So you don't have to. No PhD in computer science required. Wordify has been designed with simplicity in mind. With its clean and easy-to-use interface, you can modify all the important settings that will make your artwork look great.
• 45 built-in templates to get you started right away
• Image Capture*: Use your built-in iSight™ camera to take pictures
• Drag & Drop interface for your own pictures
• Customizable text, fonts, colors and sizes
• Horizontal, vertical or random word alignment
• Image adjustments: Control the brightness and contrast of your image
• "Surprise Me": Randomized, dynamic font selection
• Fully vectorized and editable PDF output (opens in Preview)
• PNG and JPG output (opens in Preview)
• Optimized for the Retina Display
• Hours of fun. Easily.
* = Supported on Macs with a built-in iSight™ camera
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Ready for OS X 10.9
Nice but limited
Nice little app, if a bit simple. I would love to see the app treat the source image as a grayscale image with several degrees of gray, not as a total black-and-white image with no gray whatsoever, but that kind of complexity might be beyond the scope of an app at this price.
But I don't think it's too much to ask to be able to set the pixel size of the output file. At the very least, it would be nice to have an option to have the output file at the same dimension as the source file. Also, it's unclear what the difference between "brightness" and "blackness" sliders is. I thought "blackness" might be a contrast control, but it behaves like just another brightness control on a different curve. And the app needs its own save functionality, and not just pushing the output to Preview.
Finally, I don't think the second screenshot above is "misleading" like the other reviewer SlayBells said, but it certainly would be nice to have an option to keep the words in the same order.
The second picture in the peview pictures has text in order. There's no way to have your text fill in the pictures at the same size and in order. Terribly misleading. 5 stars when they fix that.