By Vadim Spivak
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wordplay fun is always at your finger tips with Wordle. Exciting and fast pace you can play solo or with teams, when you have 3 minutes or 30 minutes. Build vocabulary, improve spelling and have some competitive fun.
Pickup, Play and Learn. A great family game for both adults and kids, this face pace anagram game comes with different levels and is quick to learn and play. Watch out! The challenge can be so addictive. Simply combine six letters on a shelf to make as many words as you can in three minutes.
Building a vocabulary is fun:
• Play 3500 puzzles and tens of thousands of words to help you build your vocabulary
• View definitions of words you are not familiar with
• Play for 3 minutes, 30 minutes or whenever you have a spare moment. Games are saved automatically when you exit or receiving a call
Instant family game or high score competition:
• Team up and play a fast round where ever you may be: in the car, at a restaurant, or waiting in line
• Compete against online high scores, or share scores with Facebook friends
• Mix it up – play more than just Angry Birds. Wordplay gives a mental workout, builds vocabulary and help achieve learning goals – kids spelling lists or English as a second language
A mobile challenge:
• Built for mobile wordplay, you can easily play on the go, uses 3 or 30 minutes
• If you like games like Sudoko, Soltaire, or Scabble, you’ll love how easy it is to squeeze a game in
• Don’t leave home without it, “I'm addicted, there's nothing quite like the speed and excitement of a good, frenetic round of Wordle. I don't leave my house without it” Heather R, Danville, CA.
Find out why Wordle has become the hot new game with so many fans. More details at: www.geniuswave.com/Wordle.
What's New in Version 2.0
- brand new word list ('tire' is no longer missing!)
- amazing brand new graphics
- online high score list (compete against everyone else or just your Facebook friends!)
- alternate flipped game layout available (word list above the letters instead of below)
- suggest missing or obscure words while playing a game, they will be reviewed and automatically updated within a week
- dedicated button to show the in-game menu
- adjusted existing high scores for the new scoring system
- prompts to avoid accidental game restarts
- bug fixes
When it first came out, Wordle was an excellent game. With updates, however, it's become almost unplayable. Other reviewers have noted that some real words aren't recognized by the game; by the same token, incredibly obscure words (e.g., "fil" as the Chaucerian version of "fell") or non-existent words are recognized. Thus the dictionary desperately needs an overhaul or standardization.
Also, the "report word" function is clearly defunct - the game claims that a word has been reported even when such a thing is impossible (e.g., when you submit a word without any data connection). I've been marking words as "obscure" right and left, but they remain in the game.
It seems clear that the developer isn't paying attention. There are other, far superior, games available. It's a shame that this one has devolved so.
Too many "non" words
I got this for my husband because he loves these types of games. I soon got hooked watching him play. We're both frustrated with the amount of 3 letter. "non" words. Well, I'm sure they may actually be words, however, they do not have definitions and there are so many words we have never heard of (we're both college graduates) that we find ourselves throwing out any letter combination to try to figure them out. Also, more than one time common words are NOT accepted. Words such as "true"
Still, despite these things we do enjoy it and I feel it was worth the fee and it has become a good challenge for our daughter.
This game is excellent!
This last update made the game near-perfect. I like the new look, although the animations seems to chop at times. The suggest-a-word feature is what sets this gsme apart. There do seem to be a lot more obscure words after this latest update, but I guess that'll just increase my vocabulary all the more. However some of the words are actually abbreviations and I even came across an acronym. I wanted to suggest a word, but forgot to at the end of the game, then couldn't later. The word was "goth".