Meet your new muse. Destroy writer's block forever. Escape the beaten path and discover what you *didn't know* you wanted to say.
〰 Bypass your ego and regain your creative spark
- When experiencing writer's block our own minds can be our worst enemy.
- We get caught in the mud, hung up, and mope around in endless ruts, seemingly cursed by an infinite loop of inaction.
- But sometimes we've just got to hit refresh, shuffle the deck, ruffle some feathers, evacuate our comfort zones, and sidestep our rituals and habits.
- When songwriters get stuck -- they switch to a different instrument
- WordPalette is a different instrument!
〰 Up to six sliding lanes of intelligently scrambled text
- Short poetic phrases are intuitively grouped and stair-cased across the four slider lanes
- Each lane slides in both directions independently
- The phrases are loaded from Palettes (your collected text sources)
〰 Quickly switch between keyboards
- Simply tap the keyboard button, or swipe left to quickly switch between the slider lanes and the default iOS keyboard
- You're not just switching between keyboards but between creative states
- Many workflows are possible :
- Rapid-fire between the keyboards, leveraging the "found" inspiration of the sliders with your own creative reactions.
- Use the sliders to amass a collection of words that resonate with you, then switch to the default keyboard and weave them together.
- For cut-up method purists: use *only* the word sliders, hunting through the lanes for the perfect compliments and juxtapositions.
〰 Import your favorite text sources and convert them into Palettes.
- Palettes are converted sources of text used to populate the word sliders.
- Instantly paste copied text via the Add (+) button on the Palettes page, and convert.
- You can also import plain .txt files from iCloud Drive and other popular cloud services
- Alternatively, enable our Share extension to send text from other apps to be converted into Palettes.
〰 Mix and match your Palettes
- Activate and deactivate your collected Palettes to control what appears in the word sliders.
- The word slider keyboard will only pull phrases from currently activated Palettes.
- Get creative with your combinations! (i.e., text from an article on underwater birth, and an article on the predatory habits of sharks)
〰 Updates & Refreshes
- Seven new slider keyboard color schemes: Emerald Sea, Steel Shale, Ripe Peach, Blue Blood, Royal Cloak, Film Noir, and Snow Globe!
- Tweaked the navigation tint colors for Sheets, Palettes, and Settings sections (now with unique dark and light mode tints)
〰 Bug Fixes & Glitches
- Fixed minor glitch that would cause top jerky animation of top navigation bar when pushing from Sheets to compose view
- Fixed bug where a Sheet's modified date would be updated even when no changes to Sheet had been made (causing the Sheet to appear at top of Sheets list)
- Feel free to hit me up with suggestions, bug reports, or just to talk shop about creative writing
- @wordpalettes on Twitter
Ratings and Reviews
Phenomenal! Riveting!! LOVE IT! Much needed!
I love this app! My poetry went to another level simply because of the access seeing words I know but would not think of without seeing them. When you see see these beautiful words juxtaposed against other words it make my writing more intense and creatively juicy! A++++++ all the way for this app Christopher till the cows come home!!! I wish there was another one related to it that would have a theme like palettes of words that describe emotions or characters. Excellent job! This app makes writing a game changer! A must have!
One critique... it would be nice if one of the shortcut keys would be a space bar, in addition to the period comma and backspace delete button.
Fun for wordsmith
I have no idea whether I am using this app correctly but it thrills me. The word palettes are seriously creative, with limitations that challenge me. It saves what I write in one place, and keeps flowing next time. I think there ought to be a way to separate each piece of writing. I probably just haven't figured it out yet. Anyway, unique combinations of words that I might not consider otherwise. I use this app to enhance my creativity. Great idea!
...But don’t call it useful.
I read a lot of glowing, gushing reviews for this app from fellow writers who rave about how it boosts creativity and overcomes writers block. OK it’s a great app and worth 5 stars but don’t call it useful. I suppose in theory I could get inspired by the wacky sentences I construct. But let’s be honest: it’s a word game and nothing more. Sorry guys it’s great but don’t oversell it. It’s just a way to pass the time. But it beats the heck out out stealing cars and blasting zombies.
- Christopher Garver
- 32.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2015 Christopher James Garver
- In-App Purchases
- Optional Gratuity Level 1 $0.99
- Optional Gratuity Level 3 $4.99
- Optional Gratuity Level 2 $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.