Learn Korean - WordPower
By Innovative Language Learning, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WordPower Korean - The Ultimate Vocabulary Builder
Learn Korean with 2,000 of the Most Frequently Used Words and Phrases in the Korean language right on your iOS device with the new and improved WordPower Korean Vocabulary! Since the launch of iTunes App Store in 2008, WordPower Korean has helped language students like you learn essential Korean vocabulary and phrases related to shopping, going to the doctor, travel, technology, weather and more! The app doubles as a mini-travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical Korean phrases. Your journey to Korea begins right here, with WordPower Learn Korean Vocabulary presented by KoreanClass101.com.
The power of these 2,000 words and phrases:
According to the experts, "A vocabulary of 1,500 words is enough to comfortably participate in everyday conversations." WordPower Learn Korean Vocabulary not only gives the core 1,500 words and phrases that make up a language, but also the tools to master them in the fastest and easiest way possible.
Will this application alone allow you to speak like a United Nations diplomat? Probably not. Will it empower you to function in everyday situations, understand the language spoken around you, and help you rapidly learn Korean? Absolutely YES!
What makes WordPower so effective? It's Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn Korean Vocabulary FEATURES:
- Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
- Support for iOS 6 and 4" Retina displays such as the iPhone 5 and 5th gen iPod Touch
- New! By popular demand, the Word of the Day feature of the Lite version is now included in the full version- Approximately 2,000 Words: The most essential Korean vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, class, hangul, romanization
- Thousands of Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
- New! Korean Local List: A special list of words specific to daily life in Korea. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook (3G or WiFi required to access Wikipedia links within the app)
- New! Free Audio Lessons: Learn more than just words! Access the newest KoreanClass101.com audio lessons when you sign up for a Free Lifetime Account within the app
- Updated! Basic Resources: Want to explore the Korean language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of Korean learning tips, information and material
- Updated! Easy to Use Design: Intuitive iOS swipe navigation allows visual learners to browse vocabulary images quickly. Find everything you need without having excessive swiping and tapping
- Custom Settings: You're in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word.
- Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
- Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
- Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
- Advanced Search Function - Search entire database in English or Korean
- Progress Bar for keeping track of how many words you have really mastered
- Word View Options: romanization can be turned on and off
What's New in Version 4.1.1
-fixed a bug that breaks audio playback when using the voice recorder on the iPhone and iPod Touch.
This App is compartmentalized and organized in such a way as to make studying super-easy. You can study flashcards in small sub-groups, an then test yourself on them in a larger grouping. Settings are simple, words are clearly spoken, and the pictures associated with the words are relevant rather than obscure.
I had the App lock up once, and it would no longer open. All I had to do to correct this was to delete it from my iPhone and then reload it from iTunes.
Truly a huge contributor to my Korean vocabulary knowledge.
Used To Be Great
I LOVED this app it was so wonderful and helpful..... Until I got busy with school didn't use it so a while now it will not load at all. It sat for a half hour 3 times loading the time on my phone will lock up and it just wont load! I don't want to delete it because I payed money for the full version. The word of the day notifications will still come though, but still wont load. Im very disappointed because I've tried many, many apps but they were not nearly as good and helpful as this one. I would get it but as long as you know you can use it everyday because if you stop using it.... It'll stop loading for you.
Love this app
My favorite Korean vocabulary app. I love how it is organized. You can go by level, or category. And I love the flash cards, because you can be tested with the English word, a picture representing the word, the romanized word, an audio clip of the word, or the written Korean Hangul. That has really helped me remember what I'm learning. Love this app!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 13, 2013
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 416 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Innovative Language Learning, LLC
- © 2008-2013 Innovative Language Learning
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.