Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Inspiration strikes — anytime, anywhere. Manage your WordPress blog or website on the go, from your iOS device: view your stats, moderate comments, create and edit posts and pages, and upload media. All you need is a WordPress.com blog or a self-hosted WordPress.org site running 3.6 or higher.
With WordPress for iOS, you have the power of publishing in the palm of your hand. Draft a spontaneous haiku on the train. Snap a photo on an afternoon stroll for the week’s photo challenge at The Daily Post. Respond to your latest comments, or monitor your stats to see where today’s readers are coming from.
Don’t forget to tag your posts published from the app with #wponthego so the community can find your masterpieces on the move.
WordPress for iOS is an Open Source project, which means you, too, can help contribute to its development. Learn more at http://ios.wordpress.org.
Need help with the app? Visit the forums at http://ios.forums.wordpress.org or tweet us @WordPressiOS.
What's New in Version 5.1
• New: Video support - add videos into posts and pages from the editor.
• Fixed: various bugs.
Google Tool Further Along
I used this app, one that also does Google and WP blogs, and the website itself.
I like that the email feature works great. However, the following prevents me from using this tool exclusively for all my WP blogs:
1. No place to put an excerpt in the App. One of the templates I use wants the excerpt over the first couple of paragraphs.
2. Access to Media Library. This is a biggie, as I have in some cases up to 10 copies of the same image and growing. There is no reason that the app cannot pull images from my blog's media library, for photos and videos.
3. When sending in a post via email, there is no caption tag. How do I associate a caption to an image. Also, there is no way to set the feature image as well. Even if I automate some of the press releases I put on my blogs, I have to set the email to "Draft" status so I can clean up all the items that don't work.
4. Lastly, I used to have the ability to add a sub-category in the App to a parent category. After the latest couple of changes, this feature no longer works. Is there a reason?
Otherwise, the tool is really close to having the important features that are still only available to Web users.
I remember when this tool first came out, and it has made great progress since then, and I think the four items above are probably on most people's lists, including yours.
Keep up the great work.
Awesome, but could be better.
This app is totally awesome. It has all of the basic functions one would need and a great user interface. Can't complain there.
However, there are some functions that are missing that I think would make it a whole lot better. For example, Facebook sharing directly from/to the app, changing the theme without having to go to a web browser. It also sometimes does not load photos.
All in all, it's a great app and I will continue to use it. But please consider adding these functions!
On your side...
As far as business entities go these days, you need to know who is, in fact, looking out for your best interests.
WordPress just so happens to be, such an entity, trying everything they think helps, or ideas from users. They won't use you then lose you. They will be there the whole way, like a parent should always. Thanks, "btw," since I know I never have said it to you, myself, or others.
Thank you. From the depths of my heart and soul . Long Live Language!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: May 18, 2015
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 22.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Automattic, Inc.
- © Automattic Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.