Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Inspiration strikes — anytime, anywhere. Manage your WordPress blog or website on the go, from your iOS device: view your stats, moderate comments, create and edit posts and pages, and upload media. All you need is a WordPress.com blog or a self-hosted WordPress.org site running 3.6 or higher.
With WordPress for iOS, you have the power of publishing in the palm of your hand. Draft a spontaneous haiku on the train. Snap a photo on an afternoon stroll for the week’s photo challenge at The Daily Post. Respond to your latest comments, or monitor your stats to see where today’s readers are coming from.
Don’t forget to tag your posts published from the app with #wponthego so the community can find your masterpieces on the move.
WordPress for iOS is an Open Source project, which means you, too, can help contribute to its development. Learn more at http://ios.wordpress.org.
Need help with the app? Visit the forums at http://ios.forums.wordpress.org or tweet us @WordPressiOS.
What's New in Version 4.8.1
• New visual editor for “what you see is what you get” content creation
• Option to edit image settings in posts and pages
• Ability to retry failed image uploads
• Updated navigation to separate site management and account settings
• The awesome image size setting were made even more awesome courtesy of the removal of unawesome bugs. It is now legen- wait for it ... -daryly awesome.
I honestly thought the Wordpress app couldn't get any worse than the last version, but apparently I was mistaken. They've probably fixed the problems I had before, but now they have removed a ton of formatting options from the post editor. Unless I am completely missing something, I am now unable to create my posts in the format I always do. I'm really not sure what I will do now...shall I change my whole style because Wordpress thought it was making an "improvement" to remove functionality? Very disappointed.
I've been using the Wordpress App for almost 2 years. This update made it even better.
In this update, pictures are now inserted at the cursor. For iPhone use, this saves a lot of time. Also, inserting links is easier, since the app will insert whatever you have copied to the clipboard.
I'm very happy. The app does everything I need.
Very useful writing tool
I love using this Wordpress app. It helps me keep up to date with my blogs without having to go on my computer. It provides a hassle free environment and let's me share my thoughts as soon as they come into my mind.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 26, 2015
- Version: 4.8.1
- Size: 21.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, En, French, German, Hebrew, Hu, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Automattic, Inc.
- © Automattic Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.