Manage or create your WordPress blog or website right from your iOS device: create and edit posts and pages, upload your favorite photos and videos, view stats and reply to comments.
With WordPress for iOS, you have the power to publish in the palm of your hand. Draft a spontaneous haiku from the couch. Snap and post a photo on your lunch break. Respond to your latest comments, or check your stats to see what new countries today’s visitors are coming from.
WordPress for iOS is an Open Source project, which means you too can contribute to its development. Learn more at https://apps.wordpress.com/contribute/.
WordPress for iOS supports WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress.org sites running WordPress 4.0 or higher.
Need help with the app? Visit the forums at https://ios.forums.wordpress.org/ or tweet us @WordPressiOS.
- Everyone’s got their own workflow. Now sharing text from writing and note-taking apps to WordPress is more reliable.
- Sometimes updates to user account details fail, even if we wish they didn’t. We’ve added clearer, more detailed error messages so you know what went wrong and what to do next.
- You have more ways to create posts with images: the Block editor supports posts with pre-inserted photos, and you can use Apple’s 3D touch action to launch the app and start a new photo post with a single press.
Ratings and Reviews
Lacking features from the full site
I use this app for work because I'm frequently on the go and away from a computer, and for whatever reason accessing the site from iOS Safari makes it impossible to save anything into the body text form.
While this app is a lifesaver and easy to use for the most part, I'm continually frustrated by how many features from the main site are missing. For instance, there doesn't seem to be any way to assign authorship to a blog post in the app, and nor does there seem to be any way to edit metadata in the media library. I can live with the fact that embedded social media cards and iframes don't display properly in the text form while writing, but it would be nice if posting a raw url in the app's text form automatically converted it into an html embed.
Another problem with the app is that it seems to have caching issues. Tons of drafts that have already been published stay visible in drafts, and keep accumulating the longer I use the app without deleting it. I hope solutions to these things are in the pipeline.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I've forwarded it onto our team and we'll keep track of demand for the features you mentioned. For the caching issues: manually dragging the posts screen down with your fingers should force the app to refresh. If that's not the case, we'd be happy to chat further about this problem. You can email us at email@example.com or navigate to Me > Help & Support > Contact Us within the app.
Just another social media site
I’m making this brief (short memo, pun intended because it is a writing app) because if I had been asked to write a review 3 months ago I would have given it 3 stars. However, upon closing out and deleting my account over a week ago, now I’m receiving spam from one of their 3rd party partners or at least I hope it’s spam, otherwise, the alternative is Wordpress has a security breach and my data has been compromised. In case you are wondering, TrustPilot sent me an email to the email address in Wordpress’ possession thanking me for a recent purchase (good luck with the payment as the debit card used was prepaid and now has $0 value) and asking me to review Wordpress’ based on a ‘free’ gift they were mailing me. How could I receive a gift since I have deleted the account and if I hadn’t deleted the account why did it take 3 months before I was told of the free gift but if there an honest to god free gift, ever, then why is Wordpress partnering with a party just to solicit a response by offering a made up item. You can’t really trust any of these social media sites.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention, we do not sell or give out your personal information from WordPress.com, but I would be happy to look into what happened. If you have the time can you please reach out to us through app support by going to Me > Help & Support
Mediocre and continues getting worse
I love Wordpress, I’ve been using it for my blog for years, but it’s one step forward and 5 steps back.
Two complaints that need to be addressed:
1. Imbedded video. Unless I use the website I cannot embed videos in the post from the app. I used to be able to just drop the link into a text field and, viola!, the video would appear. Now, it just appears as the link, with no preview. And if I have to edit a post that has an embedded video from anything other than my computer browser, it reverts to just a link.
3. No clock coordination. I don’t know when scheduled posts are going to go live. I set the time (CST/CDT) and it either publishes early, not really a problem, or doesn’t publish at all. I like to have my posts to go live at specific times so that my regular readers know when to look. For example, if I schedule a post for 8am(CDT) on a specific day it might go live at 4am (CDT) that day or never. Come on people.
Developer Response ,
Do you have time to get in touch so that we can gather more details about the problem? You can get in touch via Me > Help & Support > Contact Us within the app. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our support team would be happy to look into this and guide you.
- Automattic, Inc.
- 187.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Automattic Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.