Manage or create your WordPress blog or website right from your iOS device: create and edit posts and pages, upload your favorite photos and videos, view stats and reply to comments.
With WordPress for iOS, you have the power to publish in the palm of your hand. Draft a spontaneous haiku from the couch. Snap and post a photo on your lunch break. Respond to your latest comments, or check your stats to see what new countries today’s visitors are coming from.
WordPress for iOS is an Open Source project, which means you too can contribute to its development. Learn more at https://apps.wordpress.com/contribute/.
WordPress for iOS supports WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress.org sites running WordPress 4.0 or higher.
Need help with the app? Visit the forums at https://ios.forums.wordpress.org/ or tweet us @WordPressiOS.
- We've added support for Post Revisions, which allow you to view a history of changes to a post. You can even roll back to a specific revision, if necessary!
- Build your site out on the go: add plugins to websites on the business plan right from the app. If your site’s brand new and doesn’t have a custom domain — which is a prerequisite for adding plugins — we’ll help you get one set up.
- We've made improvements to the editor for Gutenberg compatibility.
- We've brought back support for YouTube and Vimeo embeds!
- We've improved the accuracy of the character count when editing posts
- Now it's a little easier to manage the users on your site (uses a filter bar instead of a dropdown)
- Fixes some bugs (a crash when the app is offline, improved reader stability, and a bug that could cause some data loss in the editor), and polished up the UI in a few places
Ratings and Reviews
Create and manage your website or blog.
Love to be able to get to my blog from a touch of a button!
I love to be able to get to my blog from just a touch of a button! Even though, the Wordpress app can be very confusing and can have many different, but small, malfunctions. I think it's super easy to be able to enter the app and get it set up though. You can still log in and out through it, you can access different things that you could on the computer or on the website and you can still post things with photos. If you have a hard time getting into the website to see your notifications or have any issues on the website then this app does not have those issues. More just little bugs or "viruses" in the app that shoots me back to the main screen of my device or messes up the comments. Like sometimes, it says there is an unread comment or like but when I actually go in the app there is no such thing... I have tried reloading the app but doesn't seem to work. The bugs don't bother me that much but if you worry about things then you probably don't want to get this app...
Just another social media site
I’m making this brief (short memo, pun intended because it is a writing app) because if I had been asked to write a review 3 months ago I would have given it 3 stars. However, upon closing out and deleting my account over a week ago, now I’m receiving spam from one of their 3rd party partners or at least I hope it’s spam, otherwise, the alternative is Wordpress has a security breach and my data has been compromised. In case you are wondering, TrustPilot sent me an email to the email address in Wordpress’ possession thanking me for a recent purchase (good luck with the payment as the debit card used was prepaid and now has $0 value) and asking me to review Wordpress’ based on a ‘free’ gift they were mailing me. How could I receive a gift since I have deleted the account and if I hadn’t deleted the account why did it take 3 months before I was told of the free gift but if there an honest to god free gift, ever, then why is Wordpress partnering with a party just to solicit a response by offering a made up item. You can’t really trust any of these social media sites.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention, we do not sell or give out your personal information from WordPress.com, but I would be happy to look into what happened. If you have the time can you please reach out to us through app support by going to Me > Help & Support
- Automattic, Inc.
- 152.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Automattic Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.